Technical Support Engineer 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The position is for a TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER in the Software License Optimization product area. This product line enables our customers to reduce IT spend, and maintain continuous license compliance.
The candidate will be required to provide technical support to our SLO customer base primarily on the FNMS product, but with a view to working other products at a first tier level. Good inter-personal skills are required to communicate with customers, internal and external. You will be working as part of a close-knit team, coordinating with other Support Engineers and Engineering teams, located in various parts of the globe.
* Prefer experience in a hands-on technical role
* Follows predetermined guidelines, procedures, and policies
* Provides direction, advice, and problem resolution to customers when operating software within expected parameters
* Determines how to use resources effectively and provides guidance to less experienced TSE's
* Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
* Professional handling of incoming support calls
* Understanding of basic networking and system administration
* Clear, concise, and accurate data entry into the CRM system
* Ability to replicate a customer issue in-house after being trained on usage and provided relevant equipment
* Help define and develop support processes and tools as appropriate
* Experience with both Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Recent experience in providing remote technical support
* Strong customer service skills
* Outstanding analytical and organizational ability
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment
* Team player
* Aptitude to quickly grasp current software functionality and third party products in order to extend that functionality to meet new and evolving requirements
* Other duties as required
* Bachelor s degree/college work/equivalent career experience in technology field
* Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between services, sales, engineering, orders, management, product management
* Serve as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation
* Database understanding (Oracle and/or SQL preferred)
* Experience with script execution
* Experience providing top tier customer service in a professional environment
* Experience working directly with customers via phone, email, or remote access.
Flexera Software is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status or status as a Vietnam-era or other veteran or any other legally protected class.