Technical Writer/Configuration Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/23/2017
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONKSH is seeking a Technical Writer/Configuration Manager to work in our Bethesda, MD office.
Provide daily support as a Technical Writer/Configuration Manager for the Navy Bloodborne Infection Management Center (NBIMC) Task Order that supports clinical patient management through inpatient and outpatient care in the field, at hospitals, and branch clinic locations worldwide. NBIMC is located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center located in Bethesda, MD. NBIMC operates a system called HIV Management Service (HMS) that maintains interoperability with other medical systems. HMS is a certified and accredited distributed internet application with the database and database application residing on a central, dedicated network of servers providing client/server support to selected users.
Technical Writer duties include:
* Responsible for quarterly document submissions to the government, maintaining the Document Control Plan schedule and Master Document List
* Maintain and track document naming conventions and versions
* Work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME s) to ensure technical content accuracy of all project documentation
* Review, edit, research, write, and proofread , complex technical data for use in documents and design notes, or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, project plans, and specifications
* Working with the Project Manager to determine the scope and timeline of new documentation projects in order to plan and coordinate project plans, and determine resources
* Create or update Visio diagrams to include in documents, user guides, or other requirements as specified by the customer
* Ensures documents are consistent, accurate, complete, meet editorial and government/client specifications, and adhere to standards for quality, format, and style
Change Management duties include:
* Develop naming convention for all configuration items, including documents
* Organize and maintain SharePoint content
* Oversight of service delivery processes, which may include incident management, problem management, request management, change management, service level management and configuration management as well as resource coordination, customer management, dispute and technical resolution management, and communications at various levels during services engagements from tactical (incident based) to strategic
* Coordinate with customers, account leadership, and technical teams on change-related matters and prepare to run the weekly change review board meeting
* Active Secret Clearance required
* 2-5+ years of technical writing experience
* Must have excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Visio
* Possess strong organizational skills and be extremely detailed and very accurate in order to satisfy quick response requirements Expert in documentation standards and policies
* Change Management familiarity and experience is a plus
KSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. KSH also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.