Technical Writer (Temporary) 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Daikin Applied offers outstanding opportunities for people who are seeking challenging and rewarding positions. Our success hinges upon our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people. If you are seeking job satisfaction and the feeling of pride that comes with working for an industry global leader, we welcome you to apply for positions with us.
Technical Writer Internship
This internship will work with Product Marketing, Engineering, Procurement etc. to gather information to write technical document -- cut sheets for sales use. The goal of this internship is to complete cut sheets on a range of products using an established template.
- Writing technical documents (cut sheets) including editing, proofing and re-writes
- Gathering product information from internal teams such as product marketing, engineering, manufacturing and procurement
- Researching technical specs from manufacturers websites including making occasional phone calls to clarify something or get more specifics on a product
Schedule and hours
This position will work in the Plymouth building and is not available for a remote work arrangement as this position will need to meet with teams and individuals in the Plymouth office on a regular basis. The internship begins now, December of 2017 and will run through March 31, 2018. We are looking for someone to work 40 hours per week but could be flexible if someone could work only 30 hours per week.
- Undergraduate student (completed sophomore level or higher) with a declared major in Writing, Communication, Marketing, Engineering or related discipline. We would also be open to a recent college graduate looking to get some professional work experience.
- Ability to gather and translate business requirements into functional requirements and technical specifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
- Prior experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.