Technician, Equipment & Yard
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
Oklahoma City, OK
Technician, Equipment & Yard
Oklahoma City, OK, US
Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, through its substantial fleet of land-based drilling rigs, provides comprehensive drilling solutions to major and independent oil and gas companies.
The Technician, Equipment & Yard reports to the Equipment & Yard Supervisor (EYS) or the Regional Maintenance Manager (RMM) and is responsible for assisting in yard maintenance, shipping and receiving in the yard, inventory processing for the yard and of tubular goods and processing Equipment and Asset Management (EAM) transactions for the region. Non-technical duties will include routine house cleaning of the yard and shop spaces and equipment, cleaning equipment, moving equipment around the yard and participating in various meetings, trainings and development activities.
* Ability to safely navigate drilling rig work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal rig operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
* Ability to travel to visit drilling rig work sites and support business units; occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
* Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
* Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas
* Limited to moderate use of a variety of hand and power tools to demonstrate a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
* Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
* Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
* Accurate recall of information over short and long-term memory
* Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
* Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work periods
* Demonstrate clear communication skills and ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
* Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
* Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
* Operate yard equipment within Company s specified guidelines
* Maintain clean and orderly appearance of yard
* Maintain all equipment stored in the yard to ensure proper status or availability
* Conduct minor operator level maintenance tasks
* Maintain control and knowledge of all items (equipment, etc.) leaving, holding and arriving at the yard
* Goods Receipt (GR) of all items (equipment, parts, etc.) arriving in yard
* Assist with the Rig and Yard Inventory Process
* Assist in inventory of tubular goods for region
* Assist in Parts Inventory Process
* Process all material and equipment transfers within the region using a Field Mobility System (FMS)
* Create, process, and complete maintenance work orders and assist others in the organization with similar tasks using FMS
* Ability to operate heavy equipment
* Ability to work on weekends and be on call after hours
* High school diploma, certificate or equivalent is required
* 1 year of work experience in a relevant oilfield environment (farming, mining, construction, military, etc.)
* Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
* Valid state-issued driver s license and be eligible to drive Company vehicle including ability to meet requirements of Company s Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy.
* 2 years of work experience in a relevant oilfield environment (farming, mining, construction, military, etc.)
* General knowledge of drilling rigs and drilling equipment
* Technical training or advanced education in a relevant vocational field
* Knowledge and experience in warehousing and inventory management
* Knowledge and experience with drilling tubulars
* General maintenance experience on heavy machinery and equipment
This position requires the person to work in both office locations and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The Technician will be occasionally exposed to the typical conditions of the local area where the drilling operations and rigs are located. The Technician must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties.
They must be able to work closely with others and under deadlines including time-sensitive response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.