TECHNICIAN-GENERAL SHOP III -US
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/1/2018
Stewart & Stevenson LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description:
We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing complex and/or major mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs in a shop environment on customer's equipment including refractory units, coil tubing units, pumping units, and other oil field equipment.
* Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose all problems with customer's equipment.
* Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
* Perform complex and/or major repairs on customer's equipment.
* Replace parts and equipment as necessary.
* Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
* Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
* Assist lower level Shop Technicians in completing work assignments as necessary.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required. Three to seven years related experience.
* The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Technical certification in automotive, lift truck, heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repair required.
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.