Engineering - Equities Technology - Derivatives Engineer - Associate - New York
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 2/9/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don t just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities* Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Equities Derivatives Engineers design and develop the applications, platforms, and infrastructure used for trading equity options, swaps, and other over-the-counter derivatives such as exotics and structured notes. We solve problems across various domains including:
* Optimizing our distributed compute farm for risk analytics
* Implementing automated hedging algorithms
* Increasing the capacity of our electronic swap trading business
* Developing modern web applications to automate sales and trading workflows
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Expand and drive the business by using technology to access new client channels
* Scale rapidly growing business lines through technology and automation
* Help create a modern derivatives business focused on efficiency, risk management, and client needs
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Minimum 2 years of programming experience
* Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
* Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
* Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines
* Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
* Enterprise development experience
* Experience with several of the following: Real-time systems; Large-scale, distributed systems; Compilers; Financial engineering; User interface technologies; Modern webstacks; Databases; Functional programming; Test engineering
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.