Technology - Equities Technology - Equities Technology Engineering Role - Analyst - New York
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Equities Engineers focus on designing, developing and maintaining the global infrastructure which underpins Equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs. These engineers work across a variety of problem domains and software stacks to create leverage in our various Equities cash and derivatives business lines. These problem spaces include:
* High-throughput, latency-sensitive order management, electronic trading and client connectivity systems
* Adaptable algorithmic trading platforms
* Performance-sensitive user interfaces
* Adaptive, robust trading controls
* Workflow management platforms
* Pricing, risk and booking systems
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsiblilites
* Systems software
* User interfaces and modern webstacks
* Data, structured and unstructured
* Pricing, risk and analytics
* Test engineering
* Software controls and SDLC
* Minimum 2 years of industry experience programming in a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
* Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
* Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
* Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
* Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
* Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
* Experience with several of the following: -Real-time systems -Large-scale, distributed systems -Operating systems design -Compilers -User interface technologies -Modern webstacks -Databases -Functional programming -Test engineering
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.