Technology - Equities Technology - NY Strategic Initiatives Engineer - Experienced Developer - Vice President - New
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Equities Strategic Initiatives supports the global technology leadership team in driving strategic technical solutions and workflow innovation which underpins the commercial success of Equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
Candidate should have a strong project management background, an interest in learning about cash and derivatives trading and a drive to partner with senior stakeholders to positively disrupt the status quo and uncover cost savings. We solve problems across a various domains including:
* Reengineering businesses along new firm mandates or regulatory structures
* Optimizing the platforms we leverage to drive scalability and reduce operating costs
* Implementing automated processes to manage systems capacity
* Managing key projects across Cash, Synthetics and Options offerings to deliver lower latency and more feature rich platforms
We are looking for an Engineer to work across a range of systems and applications which are vital to the daily activity of the Equities businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and help to transform the way we price, trade and risk manage Equity products at Goldman Sachs.
* Understand underlying business requirements in order to map out processes, scope, design, and project plan development
* Prioritize feature development, build consensus among stakeholders, and partner with engineers and designers to ship high-quality products
* Manage communication, including project documentation and executive-level status reports
* Identify new opportunities to optimize our environment
* Leverage data visualization and business analysis tools to drive projects to completion on time, on budget with quality
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Hone your strong negotiation and relationship skills as you bring Technology, Operations, and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
* Showcase your ability to be both practical and aspirational by scoping, defining and planning realistic but aggressive delivery expectations in conjunction with project stakeholders
* Show that you have the ability to understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture while you influence design and develop solutions
* Demonstrate your precision and attention to detail during user acceptance testing and implementation, including building proactive risk mitigation practices into established guidelines
* Be a champion for efficiency by partnering with Equities business units to streamline processes, mitigate risks, lower costs, reduce service issues and generate ideas for new frontiers of efficiency
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor's degree (equivalent work experience considered)
* Interest and desire to learn about financial markets
* Understanding of systems engineering concepts
* Ability to translate technical concepts to functional documentation
* 2-3 years of project-based delivery experience
* Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to interact with global stakeholders and senior management effectively
* Fast learner, ability to navigate the organization to get up to speed quickly on key topics
* Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
* Enterprise development experience
* Experience with several of the following: Real-time systems; Large-scale, distributed systems; Compilers; Financial engineering; User interface technologies; Modern webstacks; Databases; Functional programming; Test engineering; Project management frameworks (AGILE, SCRUM, etc.)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.