Technology - FICC Technology - FICC Tech BoltWeb Developer - Associate - New York 10/10/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
FICC Technology is looking for a developer to work on a strategic platform for pricing and trading derivative products. This platform will be used by many business units in FICC (FX, Commodities, Interest Rates) to make markets for our clients on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in building a large scale distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. They should also have commercial experience in Java.
The successful candidate will join a team of talented developers working on this highly visible and prestigious project. The opportunity will appeal to motivated individuals who want to work directly with the trading desks.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm s ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Build a unified world-class platform for making markets in derivative products in various fixed income products
* Work directly with Trading, Sales and Strats
* Great opportunity to learn the business while working with a talented group of individuals
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 1+ years of professional Java development experience
* Familiarity with testing tools in Java
* Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
* Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
* Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
* Experience in debugging distributed systems
* Experience in developing software for Akka or Vertx
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.