Technology - FICC Technology - Sales Technology - Java Developer - Analyst - New York 10/10/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
As a software engineer in FICC Sales Technology, you will work closely with a talented team to build and own part of our Sales ecosystem. At the core of our platform is a modern web stack built on RESTful services, big data technologies and dynamic compute. Our ecosystem blends a variety of proprietary, commercial and open-source technologies to solve core business problems such as opportunity analysis and data visualization. You will engineer software across all phases of development: analysis, design, build, test, release, and enhance. Above all, that should be your core competency.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm s ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 3+ years of full-time professional or open-source software development experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent education/experience)
* Commercially minded and pragmatic approach to building systems
* Collaborative spirit and clear communication skills
* Experience in Core Java, preferably Java 6 and above
* Experience in ORM frameworks like Spring JPA, Hibernate, JDBI
* Experience in and RESTful web services development
* Experience in database development, SQL, preferably DB2 or Sybase
* Experience in Unix Scripting languages like Shell, Python, Perl etc
* Experience in web client development using Angular/Jquery will be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.