Technology - Finance Engineering - Finance & Risk Engineering - Analyst/Associate - New Jersey 9/20/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you interested in learning about finance, or perhaps expanding what you know already into financial reporting or risk management, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer* As a business software engineer in the Finance Engineering team you have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of financial reporting and risk management, while working in small, nimble teams to provide technical products to meet our constantly changing business needs.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you*ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us a high return for the right risk taken.
Engineers in Controllers Tech ensure the firm meets all of the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Accomplishing this goal entails numerous activities ranging from derivatives pricing and profit and loss calculations to firm liquidity analysis to automated filings to external regulators. An ever evolving regulatory environment demands ongoing innovation to maintain scalable solutions in a changing world.
* Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
* Interface with the firm*s federation and revenue producing divisions, including Finance Controllers, Finance Risk and Securities Division Management teams to understand and document requirements
* Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
* Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
* Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
* Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
* Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
* Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Interest in finance
* In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
* Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
* Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
* Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
* Technologies: Linux and shell scripting, TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Spark, Tableau
* Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.