Technology - Operations Engineering - Derivative Settlements - Developer - Analyst - New York 10/9/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
A role exists for a hands-on analyst/developer to join the Derivative Settlements team. This role offers the chance to work in global teams in close partnership with Operations and Technology management across New York, Salt Lake City, London, Bangalore and Tokyo. With a number of key strategic projects underway to deliver increased capacity, efficiency and control in an increasingly complex and high volume business this is an exciting time to be joining the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis, development and support of the Settlements applications and will work directly with the users of the application in Operations and the global IT team. The role will provide participation in the full software development lifecycle including business and technology driven enhancements, re-engineering efforts and production support.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Act as a senior developer in Derivative Settlements team to develop software used in derivatives cashflow and payment processing while facing off to senior stakeholders within Operations and Technology
* Lead interactions with other technology teams around settlement and payment functions to deploy appropriate technology solutions
* Provide oversight other software developers within the global development team by validating software design, test design and application performance
* Analyze derivatives settlement processes and produce professional workflow and status diagrams for presentation and discussion
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute projects independently
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 1-5 years of experience with object oriented programming in Java, SQL, Linux
* Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis with strong communication skills
* Experience in test driven development
* Experience leading small to medium-sized software engineering teams
* Experience leading and delivering complex development projects
* Experience with complex debugging and root-cause analysis
* Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, No-SQL databases, JMS (messaging), C++, and shell scripting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.