Engineering - Operations Engineering - Java Developer - Associate - Salt Lake City 10/9/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don t just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities* Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Design and architecture systems for Tax Reporting functions with high scalability, high throughput, and large amounts of data
* Manage project deliverables and tasks for a team of developers during development, user acceptance (UAT) and production implementation phases
* Manage user requirements, testing cycles and perform change management duties
* Develop highly scalable, resilient distributed systems using service oriented paradigms
* Manage regulatory deliverables within a fast changing environment
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Acquire knowledge within the Tax Regualtory space
* Become a strong architect building multi-tier service oriented platforms
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 3+ years of Java development
* 3+ years of service oriented architecture development
* Knowledge of Web UI technologies (including Angular/JQuery)
* Strong database skills
* Messaging related technologies such as JMS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.