Technology - Platform - Compute/Network Infrastructure Engineer - Vice President - New York 10/9/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Electronic Trading employs a vast network connecting hundreds of machines in various data centers across the globe. We have strict latency requirements for our applications and the hardware stack they run on.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This role will focus on researching and engineering our next-generation platform for low-latency, resiliency, and the appropriate scale, as well as liaising between application developers within the Strats team and the infrastructure engineers who implement and support our plant on a day to day basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other relevant field
* Strong communication and analytical/problem-solving skills
* Linux (any distribution) engineering/system administration
* Network engineering/administration
* Securities/trading experience is a plus but not required
* Configuration/tuning of the host OS and BIOS for optimal low-latency settings. Knowledge of Linux kernel internals and effective use of system call interface. Software package build and installation
* Troubleshooting/debugging of basic OS functions and network stack. Experience with a configuration management system, such as CFEngine, Salt, Chef, or Puppet. Perl/Python/Bash scripting to automate sysadmin tasks and perform data analysis.
* Designing and implementing benchmarks to test performance of computer platforms and OS configuration settings. Good understanding of the latest x86 CPU architectures and the various optimizations they employ, as well as how an application developer might take advantage of them.
* Some C or C++ programming experience preferred, with a focus on socket/network programming and debugging.
* Experience with various messaging middleware technologies (RV, LBM, TREP, 0MQ, RabbitMQ, etc.) Experience with systemtap and Linux performance counters.
* Configuration/tuning of layer 2/3 network devices. Knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF & RIP, SNMP, Multicast, VSS, STP, HSRP, switching technologies, DWDM, Carrier Circuits, WAN switching, SAN).
* Experience in designing, implementing, operating and troubleshooting large IP-based data networks (LAN/WAN).
* Ability to lead and oversee technical aspects of deploying new network infrastructure or executing platform upgrades/enhancements in an enterprise environment. Designing and implementing benchmarks to test performance of network devices and configuration settings.
* Experience working with various market data dissemination protocols a strong positive.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.