Engineering - Platform - Data Lake Java Developer - Associate - Jersey City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/9/2017
END DATE 2/9/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Data Lake team is responsible for the Firm s strategic repository for enterprise data. Technology teams across the Firm are clients, participating in providing and consuming data to & from the lake. Developers on the team create and manage the software that manages the data in the lake, ensuring entitlements are enforced appropriately, data is milestoned, and available for query on multiple target warehouse platforms. The group is spread across New Jersey, Bengaluru, and Dallas.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don t just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities* Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* We are looking for individuals who are interested in building java services and application components for high performance, high data volume applications using the latest technology stack, and are willing to learn.
* The Data Lake is being adopted by technology teams across the Firm at a very high rate. As a result the platform is still growing and evolving.
* As a developer on the Data Lake team, you will work with the latest technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Akka to build complex distributed applications to handle large data sets. This role offers the opportunity to work directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 3+ years of experience in Java, REST, JSON, and knowledge of Enterprise patterns
* Understanding of principles of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
* Team player, eager to work in a global organization. Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks. Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business. Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
* Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes. Strong oral and written communication skills
* Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis
* Experience with developing Workflow, Spark, MapReduce, Elasticsearch, and Sybase IQ
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.