Engineering - Platform - Windows Platform Reliability Engineer - Associate - Salt Lake City 10/9/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don t just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities* Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Engage with application development teams to improve the lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, integration, operation and refinement.
* Provide system design consulting, platform management and capacity planning.
* Improve, streamline and automate existing tasks, increase operational efficiency, and enhance support to internal clients.
* Ensure continuous patch, security and platform policy standards compliance.
* Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
* Create and sustain scalable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
* Analyse and resolve cases escalated by support teams.
Runtime and Deployment is responsible for Goldman Sachs' mission critical production platforms including:
* Private and public Cloud computing platform
* Distributed scheduling
* Entitlements platform
* Security and critical infrastructure services
* Linux and Windows engineering
* Core data center platforms including network and storage
The Windows Platform Reliability Engineering team provides global engineering and support for a large scale desktop cloud solution, remote connectivity platform and infrastructure and business critical application services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be a self-starter, a team player, and be able work in a fast paced, environment
* Excellent analytical and problems solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written)
* 5+ years experience with:
* Windows administration and troubleshooting skills for Microsoft Windows7/2008/2012/2016 server and desktop OS
* Experience with large-scale windows systems/patch management technologies - SCCM, GPO, Software Distribution, WSUS
* Experience with scripting in PowerShell
* Experience with fundamentals of end point security
* Providing high-level windows support of mission critical systems and coordinating across teams
* Financial Services/Enterprise experience
* Experience with additional programming and scripting languages
* Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.