Technology Services Senior Solution Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
PerkinElmer has achieved a global market leading
position with its OneSource Laboratory Services business
offering a wide portfolio of service practices. We are
building the OneSource technology services portfolio and
need solution management to help accelerate the
PerkinElmer OneSource digitization initiative around
some of the high growth potential business areas such as
asset utilization, equipment & lab remote monitoring,
remote service, and operational analytics.
The Solution Management role reports to the OneSource
Director of Global Technology Solutions and will be
responsible for defining strategies, requirements,
priorities and business plans to ensure the success of
the assigned technology solution portfolio. You will own
solution plans and priorities, actively work with
customers to document and prioritize critical solution
gaps, and have overall accountability for the success of
defined PerkinElmer Solutions. This is a leadership
position that is involved in strategic decision-making
that has a significant impact on the success of the
overall function/technical area. We are looking for a
high energy individual to help determine what we build
and maximize the worldwide commercial success and
competitiveness by executing effective Go-To-Market
Definition and Enablement
* Understand global buyer landscape; Articulate and
prioritize personas and their problems so that the
appropriate solutions can be built.
* Develop user personas that define the archetypical
users of your solutions and services.
* Support the positioning of the solution according to
its ability to solve market problems. Approve
internal positioning documents that will be used to
develop external messages focused on each key buyer
* Understand accounts/prospects by region and industry
* Illustrate market problems in a "story" that puts
the problem in context.
* Collaborate on the development of a marketing plan.
* Collaborate with Solution Marketing on standard
product presentations and advise on demo scripts
that can be used by the sales team.
* Consult with Marketing on the creation and delivery
of assets to influence customers, buyers, industry
specialists, and research analysts.
* Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to
define specific plans and budgets for ensuring
* Develop a robust market-based Positioning, Business
& Strategic Plan for the product s success through
concrete and executable plans for each of the 4Ps of
* Pricing (guidelines that enable the long-term
success of on premise and cloud/SaaS products)
* Promotions (content marketing, marketing mix,
messaging, press releases)
* Place (determination of direct, value-added
reseller and digital marketing channels)
* Product (long-term product roadmap investments
and gaps to success)
Customer Engagement & Support
* Deliver solution information to qualified buyers in
support of existing sales efforts.
* Work very closely and support the OneSource Sales
Team, OneSource Customer Success leaders, and
PerkinElmer Global Account Managers to identify,
develop, and close on sales opportunities.
* Identify, help prioritize and monitor customer
driven enhancement requests, and guide sales
campaigns toward Out-of-the-Box solutions.
* Develop customer value analysis and ROI tools as
* Represent PerkinElmer in Technical Committees,
conferences, and seminars at level of business
process and value.
* Participate in analyst calls and contribute to white
papers that articulate PerkinElmer OneSource
perspective on specific solution areas.
* Align with corporate strategy to map needs with
* Identify new market opportunities by understanding
industry trends and leading voice of the customer
* Propose investments based on objective analysis of
potential market opportunities.
* Understand competitive and alternative offerings in
the market and their strengths and weaknesses.
Develop a strategy for winning against the
* Determine the most effective way to deliver a
complete solution to an identified market problem.
Analyze whether to buy, build, or partner.
* Develop a solution business plan with defined
success metrics and participate in the Annual
Operating Plan (AOP) activities.
* Bachelor s Degree and 8+ Years of professional
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Sciences or
* MBA is a plus
* Familiarity with science based companies analytical
laboratories and analytical systems with a focus on
* Working knowledge of equipment service provider
operations, domain, metrics, and value added use
* Knowledge of latest trends in technology, including
the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) landscape,
advances, use cases, competitors, and business
* Excellent strategic vision and ability to translate
vision to strategic actions
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong communication and visualization skills; can
easily create powerful visualizations that can be
* Self-starter who is able to work effectively without
* Extremely proactive mindset; can anticipate
questions, lead growth conversations
* Collaborate with business team and global commercial
leaders to define and position new technology
services. Build appropriate commercial training
* Ability to work seamlessly with many different teams
and personality types
Bias for Action, Poised to Manage Change
* Action-orientated - enjoys working hard; is action
oriented and full of energy for the things he/she
sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a
minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than
* Deliver results - can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of
the top performers; very performance orientated;
steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Equipped for change management- direct experience
implementing new capabilities, processes, and teams
within existing organizations; understanding how to
manage internally (training, messaging) and how to
execute around new capabilities externally to new
and existing customers
* Builds voice of the customer feedback into all
strategies and plans.
Composure & Interpersonal Savvy
* Patience tolerant with people and processes;
listens and checks before acting; tries to
understand the people and the data before making
judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up
for acting; sensitive to due process and proper
* Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and
sideways, inside and outside the organization;
builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and
effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact;
can diffuse even high-tension situations
* Command skills - takes unpopular stands if
necessary, encourages direct and tough debate but
isn t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for
direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on;
energized by tough challenges
* Managerial courage - doesn t hold back anything
that needs to be said; provides current; direct,
complete and actionable feedback to others
Vision and Purpose
* Looking ahead ability to look at the big picture
and plan ahead.
* Vision communicates a compelling and inspired
vision or sense of core purpose; tak...