Technology - Tech Risk - Threat Management Center - Security Analyst - VP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defense program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
As a SECURITY ANALYST in Technology Risk, you will be responsible for developing innovative ways to detect threats and anomalous behavior leveraging host, network, data logs, and detection tools. You will work at the forefront of designing innovative threat management solutions.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative ways to detect threats and anomalous behavior leveraging host, network, and data logs and detection tools
- Work at the forefront of designing an innovative threat and security incident management solution
- Investigate, correlate, and assess the impact of hits on indicators of compromise (IOCs)
- Decipher attack motivations and techniques by analyzing network packet captures and log data
- Interpret static and dynamic software/malware analysis to determine exactly what cyber-attackers were trying to achieve
- Enable vendors to analyze cyber-attack artifacts by collecting, preserving, and filtering forensic evidence
- Enhance Goldman Sachs's global network security by engaging with forensic, sensory tool, or Security Operations Center (SOC) vendors
- Engage in leading edge engineering to protect Goldman Sachs* network from security risks related to web, mobile, web services, and client/server architectures
- Collaborate with a global team to continually operate and improve a world-class cyber program by driving the uplift of sensory tools, detection tuning, and access to data sources to increase detection effectiveness
- Convey complicated technical analysis to senior management via investigation synopses, graphical depictions of attacks, and comprehensive presentations
- Participate in a 24x7 coverage model to prevent and remediate security threats against Goldman Sachs's global business network
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Responsive to challenging tasking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred. Four (4) years of additional work experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree. Bachelors of Science/Arts in Forensic Computing, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or Decision Science will be considered
- Coursework or experience in computer science, computer security, computer networking, system design, system integration, software development, emerging technologies, open source frameworks, encryption schemes, and application testing/penetration testing/reviews preferred
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills required
- For positions within the US, possession or ability to possess a SECRET or TS/SCI clearance from the US government
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.