Telephony Ops Engineer- Network Monitoring Tools Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Greenwood Village, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARYThe System Performance Engineer will be responsible for development, design, of Voice PSTN monitoring tools and performance metrics collection, reports, dashboards, alert development. Engineer works collaboratively with Voice Advanced Engineering and Operations teams to develop Key Performance Indicators and integrate into metrics. Engineer will assist with implementation of enterprise-wide network Voice services monitoring platforms, servers, OS, Database, API development and tools integration.CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hands on experience with analytic tools, (Empirix E-XMS, IntelliSight, OneSight, NetScout nGenius, NetCool, Wireshark, HP NA, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages, Python, Bash, AWK, PHP, MySQL, etc.
- Automation experience design and development of tools used to automate manual processes
- Experience developing KPIs, SLAs to improve network, application performance
- Experience working collaboratively with technical teamESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure all critical Voice elements are monitored, KPIs are measured
- Assist with development of processes to improve Voice Service delivery performance
- Create detailed documentation for deployments and augmentations.
- Review new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality / effectiveness
- Provide 'on call' support to resolve issues after normal business hours
- Use established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisorJOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced knowledge Voice infrastructure and systems engineering concepts
- Advanced ability in the following areas:
- conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality create detailed documentation
- follow and implement established change control policies and procedures troubleshoot application problems
- Strong ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the total system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements
- Advanced knowledge Voice PSTN infrastructure
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional mannerEDUCATION:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experienceRELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
5+ years of PSTN infrastructure experience4+ years of Network OSS application work experience3+ years of Tools System Administration work experience3+ years of Database support and development work experience3+ years of Enterprise Application Integration work experienceCERTIFICATIONS:
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent
- SIP, SS7, SIGTRAN or equivalent#LI-NO