Telestroke, Outreach RN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe NTN OUTREACH RN reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The NTN Nurse Coordinator is a Registered Nurse with experience in and knowledge of stroke and cerebrovascular disease. Practicing under the direction and in collaboration with NTN physicians, the NTN Outreach RN ensures coordination of the clinical aspects of patient care throughout all phases of referral/transfer across NTN spoke hospitals. The NTN Outreach RN should be in continual communication with the Medical Director of the NMH CSC, the CSC Stroke Program Manager, and the Manager of the NMH Telestroke Network to maintain consistency in the continuum of care for patients.
The vision for the Northwestern Stroke Network is that it will be the largest academic stroke program in the region, and will be recognized as among the very best stroke programs in the nation. We will accomplish this by providing:
* Advanced care for cerebrovascular disease, where and when the patient needs the care: this can be done by telemedicine consultation, image-sharing, phone consultation, and/or care at NMH and NMG
* An expanding network of hospitals, which rely upon NTN faculty for providing stroke care to their patient populations (including via telemedicine in the ER
* Innovative research to understand and solve the complex problems of cerebrovascular disease
* Educational opportunities for health care professionals and the public
* The NTN Nurse Coordinator applies scientific bases/evidence based practice towards nursing practice:
* Complies with changes in clinical practice and standards
* Participates in data collection when the opportunity is presented
* Poses relevant clinical questions about practice
* Consults appropriate experts with practice questions
* Uses appropriate resources to answer evidence-based practice questions
* Under the direction and collaboration of the CSC Medical Director, CSC Stroke Program Manager, and Telestroke Manager, communicating and coordinating care across all regional referral hospitals within the following sections:
* Spoke Hospitals
* Monthly visits in person, and participate, support, and prepare for quarterly stewardship meetings:
* Prepare reports on patient procedures for transferred patients to individual spoke hospitals including interventions, outcome, and disposition
* Collaborating with NMH CSC Stroke Program Manager for monitoring stroke patient transfer processes and issues related to transfers.
* Follow-up to spoke hospitals
* Letters to regional providers
* Feedback to spoke hospital stroke coordinators and team
* Communicate feedback from spoke team to NM telestroke (CSC Operations Committee Meeting) leadership
* Initiate and follow up on relative initiatives to optimize operations within the telestroke program.
* Implementation Process
* Telestroke implementation training sessions with needed for clinical staff, physicians and leadership.
* In-service education for professional staff on stroke, cerebrovascular procedures, trends, and issues.
* Patient Transfers
* Assist spoke hospitals with transfer protocol development as needed in collaboration with NMH
* Status reports to teams
* Follow up on corrective measures on a monthly basis to all regional referral hospitals
* Resource for issues related to transfers, imaging network development, and communication tools
* Attends Monthly Stroke QM and Stroke Divisional Meetings
* Clinical resource for outreach and planning
* Assist with spoke hospital development as certified stroke centers
* Proofing clinical content for development of clinical protocols, brochures, and other outreach resources
* Participate in outreach and business development related to telestroke
* Two years practice as a registered nurse
* IL RN License
* Neurology experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.