Teller Part Time (20 hours)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Builds relationships with customers while performing financial transactions including paying, receiving, and cash control duties, seeks to uncover financial needs, minimize loss, reduce risk, and deliver accurate and superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Promotes and processes deposits, withdrawals, check cashing requests, credit card advances, money orders, travelers checks, and other forms of negotiable items
* Assist with branch morning and evening duties to include opening and closing the vault, working and locking the Night Depository, setting up the Teller station with supplies and cash, and balancing the Teller window/branch
* Assist in the branch Risk Management Review process to include, but not limited to, monitoring bait money and ensuring dual control procedures are followed
* Assist in managing operational loss within a branch to include: seeking supervisory override for transactions outside of authority, proper hold placement for loss mitigation, and superior balancing
* Accurately utilizes equipment and remains knowledgeable of equipment functionality to perform role
* Proactively listens for product referral opportunities and participates in sales campaigns/programs focused on customer need identification
* Adheres to professionalism standards to include demeanor, dress, and station orderliness
* Demonstrates quality customer service to include greeting customer, using their names, making eye contact, smiling, thanking for business, and offering another product or service
* May function in a mentor capacity offering guidance, instruction, and coaching to fellow Tellers enforcing policy and procedure
* Images proof work through branch capture machine to include reviewing work and making corrections
* Performs research for customers as issues arise
* Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
* High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Minimum 1 year of previous experience as a Teller or equivalent experience
* Previous sales and referral experience strongly preferred
* Successful completion of pre-employment on line Teller Assessment
* Upon hire, successful completion of Teller training including an exam is required for continued employment in this position.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 30 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Branch Banking
Organization: Hancock Bank - Corporate Operations - Banking Operations
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.