Terminal Supervisor 9/16/2017
Holcim (US) Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
# of Openings
Holcim (US) Inc.
The Terminal Supervisor role has both management and technical responsibilities supporting the Terminal Manager, and will be based at our LafargeHolcim Cement Terminal located Denver, CO
The candidate will need to have strong mechanical skills to successfully assist in maintaining mechanical and electrical systems. This person must be able to operate heavy machinery and have the ability to assist the operators with running the terminal and facility. This is a physically demanding position, in a fast paced environment; this terminal receives material, and distributes building materials via rail and trucks.
This person will assist the Terminal Manager to oversee the terminal and systems that support this operation, this role requires a candidate who is highly organized with the ability to monitor and troubleshoot various processes simultaneously, while maintaining the highest standard of quality and safety in all areas of operation and environmental compliance.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment, including coordination of facility and equipment repairs, and ensure all employees observe safe work practices at the terminal
* Ensure strict environmental standards are complied with and communicated to all terminal employees and maintain all necessary permits
* Manage assigned personnel at the terminal, which includes but is not limited to staffing requirements, assigning and determining workloads, establishing work schedules, monitoring work, evaluating performance with a focus on the training, development and involvement of employees
* Plan, organize, coordinate and implement all practices related to accurate and timely rail and truck ordering; schedule and coordinate the unloading of rail and truck at the terminals
* Coordinate and interact with customers, drivers, sales, logistics, dispatchers and other terminal managers
* Attend and participate in plant operation meetings and region planning group meetings
* Develop and maintain the terminal's annual budget and be accountable for results based on defined KPI's
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with Quality and Production department to provide needed materials for different types of product, with a focus on maintaining a high quality product.
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical, Maintenance, Logistics, or equivalent technical degree
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years experience in heavy industry
Computer Skills Required: Proficient computer skills required, SAP knowledge is preferred
Travel Requirements: 20% Regional Travel Required
Computer and Software Skills: Comprehensive computer software knowledge required, including Excel, Word, Project, Auto CAD, SAP, etc. is preferred.
* Experience operating heavy machinery required
* Mechanical skills in heavy industrial environment required
* Cement Terminal experience preferred
* Effective leadership, delegation, and interpersonal skills; trustworthy and trusting of others
* Excellent communication skills required
* Ability and willingness to relocate domestically for continued career progression
* Ability to plan and prioritize daily duties in order to meet customer needs
* Demonstrated strong self-starting traits and ability to operate effectively with little or no direct supervision
* Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions on available information
* Flexibility and ability to adjust to changing priorities
* Demonstrated technical proficiency for area of responsibility
* Prior supervisory experience is desired
* Previous experience in maintenance, shipping, or customer service is desired
* Knowledge of mechanical maintenance is desired
* Formal training and working experience with OSHA and DOT regulations desired
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer