This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
The Advisory Board Company
Technology and Engineering
Royall & Company
Share | |Email this job
The Advisory Board Company
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
As a Test Engineer you are involved with many aspects of the software development process, including: test plan and test case creation, execution of test cases, performing manual testing, creating automation suites, reporting any defects found, as well as working with engineers to resolve defects. You will build and assist in the building of tools and testing environments used in the process of software testing. You will also provide support to users when new code has been deployed to production.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS YOU WILL BE PERFORMING:
- Participating in QA planning activities and helping to design, develop and implement test plans, scripts, and tools based on business requirements, workflows and use cases
- Testing Web based applications
- Writing test cases to exercise specific functionality in the software
- Executing manual test cases
- Developing, maintaining, reviewing and debugging automated test scripts
- Testing in continuous development and continuous integration environment
- Identifying and maintaining regression test cases to be used when testing upgrades to existing applications
- Writing, executing and validating backend using SQL queries
- Working in Agile development environment
- Collaborating with developers, and assisting as needed with unit testing, functional testing or load testing
- Documenting any defects discovered during testing so that developers can understand and correct errors
- Researching issues or questions about the software as they arise from various departments
- Understanding the end user needs, connect the technical designs, test approaches to end user outcomes
- Work with development and business in evaluating the performance and scalability of the applications
- Work with end users in driving the intuitive usability of the applications
- Pro-actively documenting and presenting any ideas for improvements or enhancements to existing processes that will yield greater operational efficiencies or controls to prevent errors
- Assist with creating more efficient testing processes through various means, such as:
Use of tools available in the marketplace, both open source and purchased software
Application of testing methods or combinations of testing method
Utilizing past experiences with what works well
- Bachelor s degree in technical discipline
- 2-4 years of Enterprise experience with an automation test tool (Sahi is preferred)
- 2+ years experience writing test plans and test cases
- Experience in cross browsers compatibility and mobile/tablet testing
- Experience with API functional testing tools (SoapUI preferred)
- Ability to write mid-complex SQL queries for database validation
- Solid understanding of relational databases and how they work
- Solid understanding of HTTP
- Experience in testing web-based applications
- Experience in Mobile Test Automation
- Experience in version control system and CM/CI tools
- Experience as an SDET
- Experience with a BI Tool (Microstrategy preferred)
- Experience building a website
- Working knowledge of non-relational databases, such as MongoDB
- Possess conceptual knowledge of Data Warehouse
ABOUT EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.