This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/14/2018
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONECS is seeking a Test Engineer to work in our Stafford, VA office.
The ECS Team provides focused agile software development and maintenance for CODIS, a mission-critical application for the FBI. CODIS is a client server application developed using Microsoft .NET that supports a database repository of DNA profiles from individuals, unsolved crime scene evidence, and missing persons. CODIS software allows local, state, and national laboratories to compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial crimes to each other and identifying suspects by matching DNA profiles from crime scenes to individuals profiles. Additionally, the CODIS software is used to assist with the identification of unidentified human remains, missing persons and disaster victims.
The Test Engineer is responsible for conducting test activities, leading the transition from a manual testing focus to one of automated testing, and coordinating efforts with a dedicated automated test team and the Senior Test Manager. This position requires an exceptional candidate with advanced quality assurance and software testing experience. We use an Agile Scrum methodology and focus on collaboration with our customers. This is an amazing opportunity to transition a team to a more technically advanced automated testing solution.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with software testing best practices and defect management processes and proven experience in delivering realistic estimates, in scope, and quality products.
The main responsibilities of the Test Engineer include, but are not limited to:
* Drive the software quality assurance lifecycle delivering high quality releases on time
* Perform testing activities using Microsoft TFS to ensure proper tracking and completion each Sprint and overall release
* Be an active participant with the development team in the analysis, design, and development process
* Write and revise Test-related management plans and formal Test Procedures
* Use tools such as Microsoft SSRS, TFS, and MTM to develop Test Reports and metrics. Trend analysis and test activity reporting by iteration and release.
* Identify and track continuous process improvements to the CODIS testing process and lead any necessary initiatives for their implementation
* Write and revise Test Cases
* Set-up and configure test environments.
* Perform functional, exploratory, system, regression and performance testing.
* Minimum of 5 years of hands-on testing experience with relevant automated testing experience
* Experience using of Testing Tools such as Microsoft Test Manager and SpecFlow
* Excellent understanding and experience of Test Automation Frameworks, Regression, System, Functional and Performance Testing
* Hands-on experience writing SQL queries and knowledge of SQL databases
* Exceptional collaborative communication skills
* Advanced use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* U.S. Citizen and ability to pass a public trust investigation
* Experience with Agile Development / Scrum framework
* Understanding of Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development
* Familiarity with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Knowledge of Test Automation Tools
* Knowledge of Continuous Integration Tools (TeamCity)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.