Trade Compliance Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Trade Compliance Officer provides advanced expertise for Trade Compliance export and import activities in reaching the business objectives for Meggitt Polymers & Composites San Diego (MPCSD). This position reports directly to the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Regional Trade Compliance Officer (TCO).
This role is part -time (20 hours per week) with the opportunity to become full-time (30 hours per week).
Job Core Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Regional TCO, this role will be responsible for:
* Instituting and managing an efficient and effective Trade Compliance Program within the MPC San Diego manufacturing site consistent with the MPC SBU and Meggitt Group Trade Compliance programs
* Maintaining a working knowledge of all applicable regulations
* Interfacing with the Regional TCO regarding current and pending compliance regulation initiatives and legislation that may affect company business
* Managing licenses and agreements with government regulators, subject to coordination with SBU TCM when appropriate
* Providing an interface with Regional TCO and site entities to provide guidance on current and future trade regulatory requirements as they relate to the SBU business plans and future products
* Providing day-to-day Trade Compliance support for export and import activities
* Participate in various SBU initiatives such as SAP/GTS implementation as directed by the Regional TCO
* Giving advisory support to ensure that all applicable products are classified for export and import in accordance with UK and US regulations
* Using Group web-based tools for the site Trade Compliance activities when appropriate
* Ensuring that procedures related to trade regulations and reporting requirements are in place for all appropriate areas of responsibility and personnel at the manufacturing site
* Conducting regular internal audits to ensure compliance with procedures
* Maintaining a Trade Compliance Training Program at the manufacturing site in keeping with SBU requirements and consistent with Meggitt Group programs. This involves developing and delivering training packages to site staff as well as recordkeeping to established SBU requirements and consistent with Meggitt Group programs
* Providing information to the Regional TCO to ensure various registrations with government agencies are kept up to date as required by regulations
* Support Customer Service department with Trade Compliance issues, such as Export
* License Determination and End User documentation
* For transactions referred to the Trade Compliance Officer, releasing export compliance-related holds on shipments after all Trade Compliance requirements are satisfied
* Submitting to the Regional TCO for approval, information related to transactions as required for review by PLC Management, including Meggitt-USA, Inc. General Counsel and Meggitt PLC Legal Counsel
* Adhering to Group process to ensure export transaction screening (i.e. national, supra-national and international restricted or denied party lists) and giving support and training to other VCII users
* Using Group Trade Compliance assessment guidelines and audit checklists to ensure adherence to Group compliance policies and procedures
* Participating in Government audits in liaison with the Regional TCO
* Conducting fact finding of potential non-compliances ("matters under review") and using Meggitt templates to write voluntary disclosures under guidance from Legal
* Representing Trade Compliance at site management meetings when required
* Other duties as assigned by the Regional TCO
The position of Trade Compliance Officer requires senior level experience in and working knowledge of all relevant export and import regulations
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred; or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation
Years Experience: 2-4 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* A general knowledge of the manufacturing sites' business or experience in similar aerospace manufacturing industry will be an advantage
* Ability to use SAP and SAP/GTS
* Knowledge of ITAR and EAR Regulations
* Knowledge of Visual Compliance II Screening
* Intermediate to high degree of proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft
* Office applications, including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Ability to work across departments including shipping, customer service, and engineering.
MEGgITT Core Competencies:
* Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
* Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
* Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer- centric solutions
* Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
* Being resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
* Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
* Situational adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
* Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than work with whole hand(s) or arm(s) (example, using a keyboard, phone, general office equipment, etc.)
* Good hand-eye coordination
* Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 25 pounds using appropriate equipment
* General exposure to manufacturing plant working conditions
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.