Trade Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
The Nature's Bounty Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Description
For more than 70 years, The Nature s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature s bountiful effects on people s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature s Bounty , Sundown Naturals , Solgar , Osteo Bi-Flex , Ester-C , MET-Rx , Pure Protein , Balance , Body Fortress , Puritan s Pride and Organic Dr. , among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
Trade Marketing is an integral piece of our business. As the Trade Marketing Manager, you will act as a key partner, driver and influencer of our field sales teams. The primary goal of the role is to help drive profitable sales growth through the strategic development and execution of outstanding promotional plans, while supporting overall corporate brand strategy, being responsible for planning, tracking, executing, reviewing and adjusting our promotions and understanding the financial and strategic impact.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Partner, influence and support field sales in the annual planning process through the development of analytical assessment, realistic and aggressive plan options, and providing fact based best practice findings (key lessons learned) that will facilitate delivery of business objectives.
* Regularly participate in customer planning sessions with the Sales team (and customers) to optimize sales, spend, share, and profitable return on investment (ROI), including financial contract support.
* Conduct ongoing assessment and reporting to proactively identify trends, drivers, and opportunities.
* Play a lead/significant role to help Sales plan for, enter, track, and assess our promotional plans via our TPM/Trade Promotion Management system ( TIM ). Provide ongoing guidance on how to help Sales manage business in TIM.
* Review, design and assess incremental opportunities with sales; acquire funding approvals, allocate and track incremental funding and results, all via TIM system.
* Ensure promotional directives are clearly communicated, successful, and effectively utilized by Sales.
* Perform post-promotion analysis to improve volume, spending, and profit / ROI of trade events
* Optimize the annual trade spend via strong promotions, with ongoing budget tracking and adjusting.
* Play a lead/active role in promo assessment (via calendars), and successful QBR (Quarterly Business Review) preparation.
* Provide specific guidance and analysis to sales to assist in their planning, pricing, forecasting, execution, and overall complete business management; within our TIM system.
* Help to strategically lead, manage and execute our total Trade budget, with a very specific customer focus and accountability for driving results.
* 5+ years of branded/CPG industry experience across multiple trade channels with a minimum of 3+ years of related business experience.
* Related experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry in either trade marketing, business analytics, sales, category management, finance or promotions is required.
* Prior experience working in Trade Promotion Management (TPM) software, and with outside third party vendors systems (i.e.: Market Track) a plus.
* Must have experience analyzing down to SKU level data and feel comfortable working in technical measures/formulas.
* Some related experience working with trade spending, syndicated POS data and retail accounts.
Highly competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, Oracle. * Advanced in Excel (spreadsheets, pivot tables), and advanced presentation creation skills are required.
* Proficient in various databases (Diver, AS400, etc.).
* Ability to access multiple 3rd party syndicated databases, and run deep analytical and forecasting assessments (EX: Nielsen, IRI, Retailer POS, TABS, etc.).
* Bachelor s degree is required; an emphasis on Business or Finance is preferred.
* Travel,up to 10% to various customers throughout the year.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings..