Training Coordinator - DSV Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/24/2018
UTi Worldwide Inc.
Conduct training and development programs for employees with a focus on the job training. The programs would include but are not limited to quality control, work measurement, manufacturing methods, safety, and work instructions.
To assist in the development of solutions that meet clients expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide job-related orientation for new Associates and re-fresher training for current associates for site policies
* Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant fields at all times
* Monitor, measure, and report in staff training and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and time
* Facilitate shift training on safety, operations, quality, standard updates, and procedure updates.
* Facilitate safety training and Associate awareness of regulatory requirements including general awareness and function specific hazardous material handling
* Implement OJT training programs, as required, to improve site performance
* Conduct and supervise training and development programs for employees
* Plan and deliver OJT training courses and programs necessary to meet training need while keeping in consultation with department heads
* Ensure all training information is entered into the data base.
* Design training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs
* Perform Hazmat training to all required associates in coordination with site management
* Arrange for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training
* Plan, develop and implement strategy for staff training and development, establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development
* If Associate is hired as an equipment operator, ensure a copy of their certification is received, and an equipment validation has been completed prior to operation of equipment. A copy of all this information should be kept in their training file
* Issue all certification cards, ID badges, and Safety card to all associates with new hire and renewals
* Answer (or find the answer) to any questions associates may have
* Work closely with Management team and the operations department to help insure that the business/operational needs are being met
* Evaluate all Associates skill levels to identify outages, and retrain all Associates on any updates
* Ensure all staffing changes are accurately reflected in the database and in the training files. All Associates no longer with the company should have their files pulled and placed with HR file to be retained based on retention timeline
* Make and maintain supply of forms, orientation packets, and safety packets
* Ensure all information is communicated with your manager
* Special requirements (OT, vision, strength, etc.). Need to be flexible with scheduling, could be required to change days and hours of work for training purposes
* Will also be required to complete any tasks that are assigned by any member of the Management Team.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or GED; some College preferred
* 2 years experience in training and/or warehousing
* Knowledge of inventory management procedures and warehouse terminology and practices required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Positive and pleasant attitude, and excellent people skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* STRONG confidentially skills
* Able to work un-supervised, will run office at times without Manager present
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
General computer knowledge and internet capabilities
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Forklift certification: Ability to drive a sit-down electric forklift is preferred.
* Experience in developing training programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, liability for military service, or any other factor prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.