Training Management Information System Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 2/7/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. www.cae.com
Training Management Information System Specialist
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training Management Information System Specialist provides operational and administrative support for eLearning systems to include applications, and workstations. This position is responsible for administration, configuration, and help desk support for the TMIS suite of applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* LMS/TMS System Admin Manage user accounts, scheduling, and curriculum content for eLearning solutions
* Helpdesk Provide TMIS helpdesk support for local and remote users. Provide troubleshooting support and user training as needed. When necessary coordinate support with OEM by reporting issues, tracking resolution, and validating solution. Maintain database of all support issues and resolutions
* Configuration Management Assist the team in maintaining hardware, software, and end-user configuration database for all Training Management System assets
* Project Support Provide support for design and development of future TMS enhancements and custom solutions to include: product research, defining specifications, and product evaluation
* Additional Responsibilities Implement and maintain, processes, and procedures for operations, maintenance, and sustainment of the TMS
* Application Administration TMS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* BS degree or technical certification in relevant field or other relevant combination of training and related experience
* 3+ years of related experience
* Knowledge of operating system, application, network, and hardware installation and maintenance procedures and techniques
* Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
* Practical experience in MS SQL, to include knowledge of SQL Query writing
* Practical experience in MS SQL Report Builder
* Strong knowledge of Office 2013/2016 applications, including, but not limited to setup and usage. Knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems.
* Experience in user application and operating system support
* Excellent customer service skills
* Knowledge of software installation processes
* Knowledge of PC hardware maintenance
* Understanding of military protocols and customs
* Must exhibit high performance and capability to work in a team environment
* Ability to effectively deliver oral presentations to management and customers
* Ability to work independently and with matrix organization
* Ability to work overtime as required.
* Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
* Previous experience as a Database Administrator or similar
* Previous experience supporting LMS/TMS platforms (Fox Britannica, Moodle, etc)
* Previous experience is using client/server architecture
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be willing to work flexible schedule with overtime
* Able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
* Able to negotiate stairs
* Able to support rack mounted equipment (up to 7 feet off the ground)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT DISCHARGE OR IN ANY OTHER MANNER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT, DISCUSSED, OR DISCLOSED THEIR OWN PAY OR THE PAY OF ANOTHER EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT. HOWEVER, EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPENSATION INFORMATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS AS A PART OF THEIR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CANNOT DISCLOSE THE PAY OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT OTHERWISE HAVE ACCESS TO COMPENSATION INFORMATION, UNLESS THE DISCLOSURE IS (A) IN RESPONSE TO A FORMAL COMPLAINT OR CHARGE, (B) IN FURTHERANCE OF AN INVESTIGATION, PROCEEDING, HEARING, OR ACTION, INCLUDING AN INVESTIGATION CONDUCTED BY THE EMPLOYER, OR (C) CONSISTENT WITH THE CONTRACTOR S LEGAL DUTY TO FURNISH INFORMATION.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.