Training Specialist 5/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The primary responsibilities of this position includes training of Epic, the Houston Methodist, electronic medical record. This individual assists with needs assessments, instructional design, delivery of training programs at various levels and use of industry standard evaluation metrics. This position supports the broad use of computer systems by end users throughout the system. This position also designs, implements and updates Epic and E-Learning solutions. Exceptional facilitation and communication skills required.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Implement and deliver training to various end users for computer and non-computer training needs throughout the Hospital System using various delivery techniques.
2. Maintains strong interpersonal relationships with all customers and stakeholders.
1. Works collaboratively with stakeholders across the Hospital System to develop training programs and strategies that support and positively impact the delivery of patient care.
2. Assists Manager/Director in the development of training curriculum for a variety of audiences.
3. Conducts training needs assessments on a departmental, service line, hospital and system basis.
4. Incorporates appropriate policies and procedures into training material.
5. Assist in the management of training projects and associated project team members.
6. Contributes to Epic (and MethOD, if needed) training projects.
7. Remains abreast of new educational techniques and technology and incorporates into current training.
1. Recognizes potential projects and training opportunities, and manages the completion of those projects, providing projected timelines.
2. Utilizes a variety of software applications to create/compose simulation options.
3. Coordinates training schedules and the tracking of attendance, competence, course evaluation, any needed re-training and master training calendar
4. Conducts training needs assessments on a departmental, service line, hospital and system basis.
5. Incorporates appropriate policies and procedures into training material.
1. Manages projects and training activities so that all affected parties are involved, gap analyses are completed and subsequent projects are completed on time, in scope and on budget.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Supports in the development of training long-term tactics, strategies, and business/training models.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors Degree in education, communications, computer science, nursing, HR management or related field
Five years of experience in a hospital
Prefer experience in a training role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Certified professional preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Proficient in powerpoint, excel and presentation software.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
Excellent customer service skills
Instructional design skills
Ability to develop and maintain effectiveinterpersonal relationships with customers
Excellent verbal and written communication
Flexible/ability to adapt to people and situations for best outcomes
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Typical office environment
Heavy use of computers
Travel between multiple hospital buildings/locations
Must be flexible and able to work any hours as requested
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment. APPLY.