Transport Driver- Dubuque, IA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/26/2018
Bimbo Bakeries USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTransport Driver- Dubuque, IA
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold , Brownberry or Oroweat bread* A Thomas English muffin or bagel* Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee , Entenmann s or Marinela cake or donut* If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world s largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA employs 21,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle, loading, unloading, reloading product, delivery of product to designated locations. Must possess clean verifiable Class A driver s license, knowledge of and compliance of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as State and/or Local Department of Motor Vehicle regulations. Record and maintain documents required by the Company and DOT.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
* Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
* Attend regularly and on time to this position with a five (5) day work schedule, 8 hours a day including weekends and split days off. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs. May be scheduled to work extra days.
* Associate is required to load equipment from Sales Centers and count the number of dollies, blue baskets and grey baskets that are being brought back on the trailer and document the equipment being returned, on the back of the Trip Sheet.
* Must be capable of climbing up and down building stairways and ladders to perform the tasks required.
* Must be capable of exerting necessary force to move equipment in the distribution process.
* Tasks require sitting and driving for long periods, standing, stooping, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, bending and twisting.
* Mental and visual ability to identify rack and/or container labeling. Perform repetitive tasks following specific instructions.
* Load, unload, and reload trailers with product. May be required to breakdown product and equipment.
* Perform these functions utilizing safe work practices and high customer focus.
* Utilize powered material handling equipment in a safe manner. Comply with related operational safety regulations including licensing requirements.
* Operate tractor-trailer safely following FMCSR and DMV regulations. Comply with FMCSR record keeping requirements including but not limited to Driver s Daily Record of Duty Status, Vehicle Inspections, trip sheets and related necessary documents.
* Reports any issues or problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
* Maintains cleanliness of tractor interior.
Other duties as assigned
KEY BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
* Must be detail oriented
Ability to work on their own
EDUCATION AND WORK HISTORY:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ideal candidate will possess:
* Must possess a valid Class C driver s license
* This position requires two (2) years experience driving tractor-trailers including doubles, no accidents or points in last two years, clean Class A, M.V.R.
* Ability to prepare and maintain records required by the company and the FMCSR
* Must pass DOT Physical and DOT Road Test
* Truck driving school helpful but not necessary
* Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand work, safety instructions and comply with DOT
* Must be able to do basic math calculations to count, verify, add, subtract, multiply and divide
* Associate is subject to weather conditions including snow and ice
* Associate is subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. overhead
Must be able to push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.