Transportation Coordinator 10/11/2017
Lafarge North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
Job Locations US-IL-Elburn
# of Openings
Lafarge North America Inc.
The Transportation Coordinator (T.C.) is responsible for the coordination of the trucking transportation of materials in the most safe, efficient and profitable manner and promote excellence in logistics, customer service and relations.
* Safety: Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Ensures vehicle is operated and maintained according to best practices. Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Lafarge operations. Coordinates and train the haulers on our safety procedures. Inspects safety compliance of the haulers on our sites. Manages Transportation Safety Programs.
* Customer Focus:Provides customer focus for the logistics trucking team. Reinforces the needs of the customers. Continuously develops offerings to differentiate Lafarge as the supplier of choice. Assists team in building solid relationships with key existing and potential customers in market. Internal Customer is the decorative stone yard.
* Customer Service and Logistics: Understand all external and internal customer needs and requirements. Provide logistical support to all customers. Be familiar with truck based Logistics.
* Operational Duties:Monitors haulers contract fulfilment and documentation compliance. Addresses haulers complaints with the help, if needed, of the Customer Service & Logistics Manager. Assist Dispatcher(s) in coordination of carriers 24/7. In emergencies, provide relief to other trucking related staff. Coordinate truck usage and truck movements, and assist with the strategy for delivery to quarries, agg yards, cement terminals and customer sites. Meet locally with all haulers and operations and sales to ensure the highest quality of safety, service and efficiency of operations. Coordinate and communicate daily with all interested parties. Coordinate and communicate safety ratings on haulers. Other duties as assigned.
* Administration: Be familiar with and oversee the daily administration functions including customer delivered orders AP, monitor daily truck schedules and usage. Oversees the set up and maintenance of trucks, trucking vendors, zones, rates, and employees. Monitor and correct P&L errors monthly. Coordinate with billing on freight related billing errors. Resolve freight billing issues. Prepare monthly KPI reports. Manage a team of 17 weigh masters and 1 weigh master coordinator.
* Strategic Planning Coordination: Assist in the formulation of the trucking logistics strategies and the determination of core carriers and other types of partnerships with haulers. Must have the ability to assist in the control of daily trucking costs and review and analyze monthly revenue and expenses.
* Truck Freight Quotations:Maintain and analyze large project quotations. Provide quotations for truck based transportation. Evaluate and understand delivered cost of Agg to sites. Manage and use market knowledge to ensure reliable costing options.
* Truck Contract Negotiation:Assist in contract negotiations of fixed plants and RFP s where applicable. . Assists Customer Service & Logistics Manager with details and in negotiations for finding lowest cost and most efficient means to deliver aggregates. Understand, negotiate, and coordinate carrier agreement changes with procurement, legal, and regional personnel.
* Budgeting: Aid in preparing annual budgets and business plans with sound strategy/rationale.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with the Logistics team, including the Customer Service & Logistics Manager, Dispatchers, Plant Managers, Commercial Managers, Territory Managers, Finance Managers, Weigh masters, and counterparts in the market area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business
Required Work Experience: 5 years, trucking industry experience preferred, prior management experience preferred.
Travel Requirements: 0-20%regional travel required within Mid-America region
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral, ability to develop effective internal and external relationships.
* Strong knowledge of Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis, and Southern Illinois logistics, conditions, geography, and industrial sights.
* Skilled in computer software and systems, especially Microsoft Excel and SAP.
* Proficiency in logistics coordination, able to handle multi-level, multi-change situations
* Detail oriented and able to handle dynamic changes
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Highly organized individual
* Disciplined and process-oriented
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer