Treasury Analyst II 9/20/2017
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary:
This position performs analysis and assists in recommendations on a variety of treasury activities, including but not limited to, cash management and account reconciliations
* Maintain and process check fraud investigations with banking partners
* Evaluate, analyze and report on bank fee expenses
* Reconcile and validate check outstanding status for all disbursement accounts between reconciliation system, source systems and the bank
* Support/back-up Treasury Analyst s on systems validations, unclaimed property and cash desk responsibilities
* Monitor ACH Returns/NOC reporting
* Respond to daily operational requests submitted to Treasury team; check copies, validation requests,
* Wire/ACH payment initiations
* Identify and resolve operational issues as they relate to area control weaknesses
* Perform ad hoc analysis as requested by the Treasury Manager
* Proficient in Excel and Word
* Prefer knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger System
* Requires excellent attention to detail
* Requires excellent analytical abilities and the ability to report findings accurately
* Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
* Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all management levels
* Requires the ability to organize and prioritize work assignments
* Requires the ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment
* Requires ability to identify process issues and communicate suggestions for process improvements to management.
* Ability to research and resolve discrepancies
* Act as liaison between group and area supervisor to resolve issues effectively
* Knowledge of Trintech Systems system a plus.
* Working knowledge of unclaimed property reporting desired.
* Working knowledge of the banking system desired.
* Working knowledge of controlled disbursement, ZBA's, positive pay and other fraud control services, ACH, wire transfers, lockboxes, Internet banking systems, etc. required.
* Basic knowledge of bank administration required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university required
* Minimum of 1-2 years of related business experience
* Experience performing bank or Treasury Operations preferred
* 1-2 years of experience in daily cash management required.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Finance / Accounting