Union HVAC Mechanic 9/20/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Union HVAC Mechanic
Auto Req ID
We are looking for a skilled HVAC Technician to provide HVAC diagnostics and repair. Additionally, the HVAC Mechanic performs general maintenance and repairs on all facets of the facility equipment and infrastructure including mechanical systems, critical environments, and utility systems. The HVAC Mechanic is responsible for completing his or her work assignments as well as assisting the Chief and peer technicians as required in overseeing contractor performance of repair and maintenance activities.
The HVAC Mechanic is classified as essential personnel and, as such, is required to work with minimal amount of absences and during all site closures as required except in the event of a major disaster when access to the facilities is prohibited by governmental emergency personnel.
* Performs general maintenance on all facets of facility equipment and infrastructure: Mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, controls), temperature control systems, critical environments, steam generation, water systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, vacuum systems.
* Troubleshoot and repair HVAC/R equipment, walk-in cold rooms and freezers.
* Apply local HVAC codes in a practical manner on the job.
* Work with low voltage wiring.
* Perform brazing and/or soldering as needed.
* Preventive maintenance and repairs on industrial and process equipment, such as
* Air handling unit operations
* Tensioning of belts, alignments, and replacement of bearings and sheaves
* Knowledge of VAVs, VFDs and steam principles
* Pump repair, rebuild and replacement
* Motor replacement and alignment and the various tools and techniques associated used
* Room pressurization
* Chilled water, cooling towers and chillers
* Refrigerators, freezers and incubators
* PLCs and chart recorders
* Schematics and the ability to read technical drawings
* Basic hand and power tools
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Performs all work using proper safety equipment and in a safe manner.
* Troubleshoots by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Discussing heating or cooling systems malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that repairs corrected malfunctions
* Maintains service documentation via Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
* Communicates with customers, management, colleagues, Planners/Schedulers and Operations Managers regarding issues, project completion timelines and workload priorities.
* Performs equipment repairs. Maintains tools, parts, equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition. Acts as a resource for all partners in equipment and service maintenance.
* Works in a multi-skilled team environment.
* Ensures all work orders are completed on and closed with all appropriate documentation within the time constraints of the request.
* Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
* Ensures quality requirements for maintenance service(s) are met for equipment with a Level 1 classification. Work performed must be in compliance with all Client procedures and practices and is subject to inspection by Client maintenance or quality assurance staff.
* May be required to work overtime to meet deadlines.
* Works on-call, weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Minimum 5 years of commercial and/or industrial HVAC experience
* Experience in GLP or GMP regulated manufacturing environment
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* EPA Refrigerant Universal Certification
* NATE certification, preferred
* Valid state driver s license and good driving record
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong knowledge of systemic sequence of operations
* Strong electrical troubleshooting and repair
* Ability to lift 50lbs frequently
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; computer skills, including a working knowledge of CMMS Maximo, Word and Excel
* Proven record of superior internal/external customer service
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and the ability to master new skill sets quickly
* Commitment to promote and support a collegial and supportive work environment for all staff
* Knowledge of Maximo
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.