Unit Administrative Assistant Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/16/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Unit Administrative Assistant performs key functions that support the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost-effective care. As a receptionist, the Unit Administrative Assistant employs effective communication skills in all interactions and promotes good customer relations. Maintains competency requirements for computer medical terminology and other job related functions. Oversees multiple priorities and uses organizational skills to maintain an orderly environment. The Unit Secretary practices in concert with I CARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to maintaining an environment that assures all customers, all individuals, are treated with dignity and respect. Employee actively participates in making recommendations for improving working relationships in the department/unit.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the hospital information systems and serves as a resource to physicians, patients, visitors and staff. Demonstrates proficiency in the use and maintenance of clerical equipment, such as computers, facsimile and printers.
3. Maintains and accurately processes and updates unit and patient records, e.g., transcription of physician`s orders, discharge disposition codes, computer data entries, medical records, identifications labels, patients` valuable, etc. Ensures all accommodation codes are accurate when downgraded patients are placed in the unit.
4. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
5. Coordinates scheduling of tests with the healthcare team and other departments to achieve cost-effective and positive patient outcomes.
6. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely, and effective manner. Communication to promote both efforts is clear, professional and appropriate to the age of the patient served.
7. Report maintenance issues promptly
8. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals and other resource information. Monitor Inventories on regular basis and orders supplies
9. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
10. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
12. Performs other duties as assigned, which include assisting with staffing needs across the service line as competencies allow.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have at least 1 year of unit secretary experience or secretarial/office experience in a medical office setting that includes computer applications. Patient Care Assistance experience is recommended
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
WORKING : Includes office, patient care units, and registration and procedure areas. Standard Dress Uniform for those employees who have public contact with customers Able to flex hours and work day/assignments to meet needs related to unanticipated patient volume, activity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles east of Houston, is the area's only Magnet-recognized, full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 276 bed hospital with 12 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties. APPLY.