Unit Secretary, Maternal Child Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONUNIT SECRETARY, MATERNAL CHILD SERVICES
UNIT SECRETARY, MATERNAL CHILD SERVICES
JERSEY SHORE UNIV MED CTR
Night 12 Hours
7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. Our Unit Secretaries are responsible for providing non-medical administrative support within our departments by assisting the nursing and multidisciplinary patient care teams in organizing and maintaining the flow of patient care and in keeping the department running efficiently. With a strong emphasis on a team-based approach within and across all of our departments, the unit secretary role is critical in making this vision come to life.
A day in the life of a Unit Secretary at Meridian includes:
* Performing clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and documentation of patient information while prioritizing and organizing work assignments based on changing needs and situations in the department
* Greeting patients and families. Assisting them in filling out necessary forms and paperwork.
* Completing admission and discharge paper work and file processing
* Developing a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing and clinical staff and responding to questions/requests from healthcare providers
* Organizing and filing medical information appropriately
* Answering the phones and call bell and communicating clearly when receiving information from other units, physicians and/or guests
* Safeguarding sensitive medical information and practicing strict procedures in handling confidentiality of data pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors
* Serving as a resource within the department in terms of helping to troubleshoot computer and systems usage issues
* Maintaining and stocking all designated clerical related supplies and equipment in the department
* Completing other/varied tasks as necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the department
* High School Diploma or GED is required
* Completion of a Secretarial Course and/or a Medical Terminology Course is preferred
* Previous experience as a Nursing Unit Secretary in a hospital setting is strongly preferred
* Must work required shift including weekends
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficiency with medical vocabulary and general understanding of hospital policy & procedures.
* General computer skills, including order entry and basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, are required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. You must enjoy working with patients and their families, and be both flexible and adaptable in adjusting to changes in patient population and volume.
The ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times is critical.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.