Universal Banker 2 (North Napa Branch) 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Universal Banker 2 (North Napa Branch)
Our bank is built on exceptional people like you who are genuinely committed to providing their personal best every day for our customers. Since 1905, Mechanics Bank has been a leading community bank. We are one of the largest banks headquartered in the Bay Area and we're still growing. We're looking for more great employees. If you make our team, you'll join the best of community banking. We offer a wide range of programs in support of your development and personal goals. Job Summary: With limited supervision, independently processes the full range of client transactions accurately and according to established procedures. Essential/Required Duties and Responsibilities: * Provides comprehensive deposit services to individuals, fiduciary, and small businesses in a retail office. Promotes the full range of deposit products and services that best meets the client s needs. * Assists customers with account maintenance, on-line banking, and other complex account issues. Resolves issues pertaining to customer loans, seeking help when needed. * Receives, processes and closes consumer loan and small business loan applications and reviews loan packages for required documentation. Clarifies to customer basic qualifications for the loan(s), rates, terms and conditions. Keeps customer apprised of loan application status. * Assesses customer s needs, and makes appropriate referrals to internal and external business partners. * Provides guidance to Universal Banker I s on complex sales and high value customers. * Processes the full range of client transactions according to established procedures. * Performs a variety of operational and sales functions, as required. * Maintains compliance with established internal operational standards and Federal and State regulations to protect the interest of the Bank and customers. Completes required compliance training in a timely manner. * Sources and develops business, expanding and deepening relationships with existing customers. Represents the Bank in civic and community events to enhance the visibility and reputation of the Bank, and to expand business opportunities. We offer a full range of benefits in support of the financial goals and personal needs of our employees and their families. See Benefits and Programs link on our Careers page. Salary commensurate with experience. No relocation, no agencies, please.
Essential/Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
* Extensive knowledge of Bank deposit products and services.
* Thorough knowledge of Bank s standard loan products.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and apply the individual and small business banking needs with specific Bank services and products.
* Knowledge of retail office operations.
* Extensive knowledge of alternative Bank services and products and vendor provided products.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
* Demonstrated skill in attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to persuade, including the value and benefits of using the Bank s services and products.
* Knowledge of complex applicable Federal and state banking regulations.
Certifications, Licensing, Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
* Prior experience in a retail banking branch, including transaction and new account processing.
* May be required to secure a notary license.
Please note: This position may be filled at a lower level commensurate with experience.
* Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.