University Graduate Hire - Sales Academy SE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 4/25/2018
Research Triangle Park, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
NetApp is looking for a diverse group of individuals for our System s Engineer positions. As a Systems Engineer within NetApp s Go To Market team, you are responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to existing and potential customers. You will utilize your excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers.
In this position your overall focus areas will be in supporting and developing processes and systems for quick and thorough responses to customer RFP's, provide systems configuration recommendations, and apply your background and experience to deliver solutions to technical problems.
The essential responsibilities of the Systems Engineers are to work directly with the NetApp Sales team to support customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in identifying customer needs and requirements.
- Define elements of a customer's technical computing environment as assigned by sales reps or more senior level SE's.
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy' test projects.
- Help define customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy' evaluation projects.
- Pick up and deliver NetApp evaluation test system to customer site.
- Attend customer calls with the Sales Representative.
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary.
Must have graduated within the past 18 months or will graduate in May/June 2018 with a Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.