Utility Coordinator DO1017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/11/2018
Century Engineering, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCentury Engineering - Dover, DE
Century is seeking a motivated Utility Coordinator who desires increased responsibilities in managing projects and business development for its Dover, Delaware office. The successful candidate will manage multiple utility coordination projects; develop project schedules and budgets; write project Utility Statements; supervise utility staff and provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements. Additionally, they will assist in the development of Expressions of Interest, Technical Proposals and Presentations; and be responsible for coordinating with clients, sub consultants, utility companies, and other government and regulatory agencies.
* Identify and develop markets and new business opportunities;
* Act on behalf of Century to administer Federal and State laws regarding utility relocations necessitated by transportation related projects;
* Conduct coordination meetings with utility companies to discuss proposed highway plans, relocation of utilities, cost responsibilities, scheduling and construction;
* Participate in strategic development and implementation of utility programs to include collaboration with DelDOT to find solutions to enhance and promote efficient relocation/installation of utility facilities;
* Initiate and develop contact with past, existing and new clients;
* Assist with proposals or monitor proposal preparation and organize presentations, as necessary;
* Represent the company to clients and community to include participation in professional associations, political functions and networking events;
* Work on multiple projects in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
Minimum requirements for the role include:
* Bachelor's degree in related field;
* Minimum of 15 years' relevant utility coordination experience in Delaware;
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office;
* Experience working within the Mid-Atlantic region;
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
* Experience with DelDOT and Delaware Utilities, Counties and Municipalities.
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/PTO and an outstanding work environment.