Value Stream Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/6/2018
CLARCOR Air Filtration - Jeffersonville Plant
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to help solve the world s greatest engineering challenges.
At Parker Hannifin HVAC Filtration Division (formerly CLARCOR Air Filtration Products), we specialize in creative, smart solutions. Our team drives a dynamic business that delivers value to customers through distinctive products, technologies and brands. The HVAC Filtration Division, is one of the world s foremost manufacturers of air filtration products for the commercial, industrial and institutional markets.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED
The Value Stream Manager (VSM) has responsibility and leadership for multiple value streams to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost targets are met and improved. The VSM will oversee day to day activities of hourly production employees to meet business performance expectations while building an engaged and empowered employee culture. The VSM will utilize Lean methodology to continuously improve key metrics such as productivity, quality and timely customer shipments.
1. Engender and cultivate a work force culture that puts the safety and welfare of all employees ahead of all other goals.
2. Ensure a safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions.
3. Ownership of Value Stream P&L s including cost analysis and opportunities, product line margin and manufacturing productivity.
4. Lead the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off -shift management and order shipments. Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible and work to level the workload.
5. Meet with the Value Stream team members and other Value Stream Managers regularly, reflecting on problems, solutions, and challenges. Utilize structured problem solving and High Performance Team approach to drive productivity gains, a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
6. Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout the manufacturing operation through the deployment of Lean methodology.
7. Responsible for fostering collaborative relationships between all Value Streams to ensure all goals are being achieved.
8. Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving.
9. Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work/processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
10. Instill and maintain a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream; holding regular team meetings and assigning team members tasks aligned with the Team Improvement Boards.
11. VSM will be responsible for encouraging, recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding achievements.
12. Ensure Team Leaders provide effective cross-training for the Production Associates, including backups from other areas, to assure a continuous smooth running Value Stream.
13. Work with continuous improvement and division staff teams to develop the future state value stream map and manages the plans to achieve it.
14. VSM will play active role in leading and/or facilitating kaizen events and participate on the CI Leadership team
15. Work with the VS Team Leaders to maintain the Team Improvement Boards.
16. Lead and participate in High Performance Work Teams to help drive engagement and empowerment in the plant.
BS in engineering or equivalent required.
8-10 years of industrial manufacturing or similar experience required.
Minimum of 3 years experience supervising technical, supervisory and administrative personnel.
Strong leadership, managerial and motivational skills required.
3-5 of increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity.
Involved with or lead a team in LEAN process improvements/implementation preferred
Skills Needed for success:
* Ability to manage in a fast paced environment
* Proven ability to effect a cultural change desired.
* Excellent demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and strategic skills
* Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and coach employees
* Ability to perform multi-faceted projects in rapidly changing environment
* Resourceful and well organized
* Results oriented, with sound judgment
* Excellent trouble shooting/problem resolution ability
* Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team, demonstrate strong leadership/supervisory ability
* Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and lean tools will be a key part of successfully reducing waste in production.
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.