Variable Data Analyst- GMC Inspire (P13611)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
Saint Cloud, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAll jobs Variable Data Analyst- GMC Inspire (P13611)
VARIABLE DATA ANALYST- GMC INSPIRE (P13611)
St. Cloud, Minnesota, United States * Production / Fulfillment * 28702
The Variable Data Analyst will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, documenting and maintaining complex variable data composition workflows. This position will work closely with Print Production, Information Technology and Implementation teams to ensure the configuration accurately meets client requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work from documented requirements to configure GMC Inspire WFD files
* Establish integrated workflow with Inspire, MerrillConnect, and ERP
* Maintain and support previously built workflows
* Program all logic relating to layout and dynamic composition
* Implement all variables within the design layout
* Connect data and asset inputs to Inspire workflows
* Set up complex, dynamic text flow layouts to accommodate a wide range of variability
* Work with internal stakeholders to ensure a quality product that meets expectations
* Structure configurations logically for re-use and ability for others to understand
* Effectively transfer knowledge of file setups to other resources
* High School Diploma; Post secondary education in a relevant field
* 2+ years experience working with GMC Inspire or other industry leading composition tools.
* 2+ years experience working with variable data and designing technologies
* Strong sense of quality assurance principles
* Strong design experience (InDesign, Quark, PhotoShop, other comp tools)
* Understanding of potential process failure points and the ability to mitigate quality risks
* Strong understanding of version control and data integrity principles
* Knowledge of print file formats such as PDF, AFP, PCL
* Knowledge/experience with digital printing
* Strong oral and written communication skills - with both technical and non-technical people (including clients)
* Strong attention to detail is a must
* Strong time management and organization skills
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* High level of professionalism
In the United States, Merrill offers regular, full-time employees a competitive benefits package. You are eligible for these benefits if you work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Merrill Communications LLC prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), ethnic or national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other status protected by law.Apply for this job