Vehicle Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/20/2018
Lake Worth, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONVehicle Service Technician FT
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Responsible for general maintenance/upkeep of buildings. Is responsible to perform inventory on expendable medical and janitorial supplies; stocks as necessary. Will function as a driver as needed. Have working knowledge of commonly used computer programs, i.e., Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Access.
Note: Is not responsible for routine cleaning and stocking of units during the shift. This should be done by the units crew.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Stocks vehicles in preparation for on-coming crews.
* Performs terminal cleaning and restocking of units from off-going crews.
* Performs inventory on expendable medical and janitorial supplies; stocks as necessary.
* Assists in relaying units for maintenance.
* Relays equipment to appropriate destination for repairs.
* Performs routine checks and preparation of bio-medical equipment and performs minor troubleshooting procedures.
* Performs laundry duties (if necessary)
* Cleans and performs upkeep at the main station.
* Assists with maintenance and upkeep of substations and grounds.
* May perform as a driver as necessary.
* Performs routine maintenance of generators, stretchers and other equipment as directed.
* Makes routine checks of vehicles, equipment, building and systems, and completes reports/forms as required.
* Knowledge in reading and writing English.
* Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone.
* Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
* Working knowledge of operations policies and procedures
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* High School diploma or GED
* Must have at least six month s experience in the Support Services or Logistics Department
* Holds a current and valid State driver s license except where exempt by state law.
* Must have an acceptable driver history as determined by the company.
* Must meet all other requirements of drivers.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Type at least 30 words per minute
* Must have working knowledge of commonly used computer programs, i.e., Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Access.
* Able to perform duties within tight time constraints and handle large volumes of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work well with others.
* Ability to drive according to EVOC standards.
* Skilled in use of emergency radio equipment
* Knowledge of all current infection control and hygiene procedures applicable for prehospital care.
* Skillful in thinking and acting quickly and appropriately in stressful situations.
Frequently: High pressure, fatigue, intense tasks.
Occasionally: Lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, upper and lower body flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time.
Frequently: Touching, walking inside and outside, typing 30 wpm, balancing, carrying no greater than 25 pounds, driving car, and seeing.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, sitting/standing.
Due to the unpredictability of this type of public safety organization, it is not always possible to guarantee consistent work hours or meal and break periods. Employees in this position may be required to work extended shifts in extraordinary situations and must be available for recall in crisis situations.
Constantly: Work alone and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, extended day.
Occasionally: Problem solving, simple and higher math skills.
Frequently: Clerical, memorization, analyzing.
Constantly: Simple and complex reading, simple and complex writing, judgment, reasoning, and decision making.
Frequently: Pager, telephone recording equipment, facsimile, computer/typewriter, copy machine, stapler, 3-hole punch, stamping, sharpener, television monitor, and printer.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled