Vice President of Sales Surgical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/24/2018
Provide leadership for all activities related to sales within the Surgical business unit. Leads and directs the development of specific strategies and plans related to marketing programs, pricing, sales programs and sales organization. Responsible for the sales execution within the Surgical business unit including the design compensation plans.
The Teleflex Surgical Business Unit provides innovative solutions for improved surgical outcomes and has a passion for developing customer advocates resulting in profitable growth. Teleflex Surgical specializes in minimally invasive and advanced cardiovascular surgical procedures through premier brands including Pilling, Weck and Deknatel.
* Plans and directs all aspects of Surgical Sales operational policies, objectives and initiatives in United States.
* Responsible for driving the achievement and surpassing sales, profitability, cash flow, business goals and objectives.
* Evaluates results within business unit to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
* Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective marketing and sales strategies and processes.
* Establish, monitor, and enforce all sales expense budgets and provide reports to executive management team.
* Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, develop, recruit and retain required members of the sales team.
* Establish and maintain a continuing review of both short and long term strategic plans for expansion of Company sales and to develop the sales force capabilities to proportionate strength.
* Represents the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, and the public.
* Visit customers and work directly with field sales organization on a regular basis
* Organize and conduct National Sales Meetings as required to provide training, direction and motivation to the Surgical Sales team.
* Develop and recommend pricing strategy based on evaluation of market conditions in line with the financial objectives of the division. Participate in negotiations of product pricing agreements.
* Lead the evaluation of new product and other market opportunities. Work closely with Vice President of R&D and Vice President of Marketing to determine market and customer needs, probable long term market acceptance and ROI of new products.
* Keep management informed of competitors' activities through review of information from internal and external sources.
* Interface with Demand Planning to help ensure adequate inventory positions to meet sales projections/needs.
* Advise executive management of quality problems, ensuring that corrective actions are taken and customers are properly notified.
* Evaluate product life cycle opportunities using marketing and customer analysis.
* All other duties as assigned.
This position requires direct contact with an implantable device. Yes No
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 10 years progressive marketing/sales management experience in the Medical Device Industry with leadership of increasing responsibility.
* BS/BA in Business Discipline is required.
* MBA or advanced degree desirable.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be able to produce quality work output while adhering to strict deadlines at high senior executive level.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills which include a high degree of diplomacy as this position will interact with a wide range of individuals including high level executives both internal and external to the Company including shareholders and the Board of Directors.
* Must be extremely organized with exceptional follow up skills.
* Problem solving skills - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Analytical skills - gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions.
* Presentation skills - must be able to present numerical data as well as strategic policy effectively and edit presentation based upon the audience.
* Management/Supervisory skills - includes staff planning, decision making, facilitating process improvement and taking responsibility for subordinates' work activities by setting expectations and monitors delegated activities as well as continues to encourage growth by providing regular performance feedback.
* Leadership skills - provides the vision to the organization, inspires and motivates others to perform well, inspires respect and trust and motives others to fulfill the vision.
* Business Acumen - understands business implications of decisions, displays orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition and aligns work with strategic goals.
* Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures and contributes to profits and revenue.
* Strategic thinking - develops strategies to achieve organizational goals, understands organization's strengths and weaknesses, analyses market and competition, identifies external threats and opportunities, and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 60 %
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery. We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.