Vice President, Research & Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/16/2018
Harris Computer Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONVICE PRESIDENT, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Job Location US-TX-Plano
Posted Date 3 months ago(10/11/2017 8:31 PM)
Percent of Travel Required
up to 50%
This is a unique opportunity to own and drive all facets of QuadraMed s Research and Development organization for our EMPI products. This is a hybrid business / technical position and requires a strong blend of management and project management skills, product vision, financial savvy, superior communication skills, and understanding of the agile process. The Vice President of Research & Development is responsible for a continuous flow of product research and innovation leading to the improvement of existing products, incorporation of newly acquired product sets into the current list of corporate assets, and integration of third party solutions with QuadraMed s product sets. As the VP of R&D, the ideal candidate will be responsible for inspiring a diverse team of developers.
The VP of R&D is a highly motivated self-starter and team player; with a focus on team and client success, and business operations efficiency. The candidate will manage and inspire a team of 5 people and holds P&L responsibility and forecasting for their team.
* Translating business goals & product requirements into actionable development plans.
* Ensuring that development projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* Strategic planning, direction and control of product development activities; as well as technical input into the overall business strategy.
* Communicating strategy developments, providing ongoing executive updates, prioritizing initiatives, and escalating roadblocks to executive leadership.
* Communicating development progress and issues to management and across the organization.
* Managing remote development team.
* Proactively fostering and building channels of communication across business units to ensure collaboration and achievement of organizational objectives.
* Providing technical direction and guidance for all product development needs throughout the organization.
* Continually evaluating the organizational structure and current technology as a means to enhance productivity and implementing appropriate changes.
* Communicating industry trends and emerging new technologies that can provide the organization with a competitive advantage.
* Capturing ideas and identifying opportunities that can be researched and explored for feasibility through contact with customers; initiating industry comparisons and conducting competitive benchmarking.
* Managing strategic partnerships with vendors and suppliers.
* Performing a full range of leadership responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees, assigning and directing work, driving performance management and managing department budgets.
* Bachelor s degree in a technical discipline.
* Minimum of 10 years management experience.
* Strong written and verbal communication; communicating clearly and comprehensively to senior executives and technical experts.
* Strong organization and time-management; a can-do attitude.
* Excellent team player able to manage and prioritize work for self and staff. Ability to multi task with changing priorities.
* Strong initiative with superior analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills. Dedication to life-long learning and initiative to continually improve technical skill set.
* Scrum Master Certification a plus.
* PMP certification a plus.
QuadraMed is a leading provider of award-winning healthcare software and services that improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of patient care. Founded in 1993, QuadraMed provides proven, flexible solutions that help make our clients successful by streamlining processes, increasing productivity, and driving positive clinical outcomes. Behind the company's products and services is a staff of professionals who support clients at more than 1,200 healthcare provider facilities.
QuadraMed is a division of Harris Computer Systems (www.harriscomputer.com).Harris is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.