Vice President (VP) - Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00372-6371
HCA Gulf Coast Division - Houston, Texas
Vice President (VP) - Business Development
Rio Grande Valley Region
Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA GULF COAST DIVISION offers comprehensive health solutions including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach at its ten hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive care close to home.
Serving such a large and diverse region requires HCA GULF COAST DIVISION to offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts:
* Twenty-four-hour emergency care, both at designated Hospital Emergency Centers and off-site Emergency Care locations
* Life-saving intervention during cardiovascular and neurological incidents
* Comprehensive women s care, from obstetric care to minimally invasive gynecological surgery
* Neonatal and pediatric intensive care
* Inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, and monitoring support
* Education programs child birth and child care classes, surgical seminars, physician speaker series
* Management centers for diabetes, heart failure, and other complex conditions
* Community partnerships with the American Heart Association, Joe Niekro Foundation, March of Dimes, and others.
The HCA GULF COAST DIVISION is looking for a VICE PRESIDENT (VP) - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT for our Rio Grande Valley Region. The VP will be responsible for our Rio Grande Regional Hospital and Valley Regional Medical Center in the South Texas area and be based at Rio Grande Regional Hospital.
* Manage a sub-service line for the entire Division (Robotics, Bariatrics, TJR)
* Participate in Division Growth Council
* Serve as the local service line integrator acting as a liaison between Division VPs and hospital operations
* Support Division VPs and hospital leadership teams in the development of quadrant-based program development plans
* Assist in maintenance of performance scorecards
* Support Division VPs with logistical support and agenda development for quadrant-based governance committees
* Support Division VPs and hospital leadership teams with maintenance of quadrant-based medical staff recruitment plans
* Actively engage in prospecting for incremental business in key service lines and sub-service lines, collaborate with hospital and PPR leadership on physician engagement
* Serve as the quadrant-based liaison for anchor groups in key service lines and sub-service lines
* Referral coordination for FSEDs and aligned UCCs within quadrant
* Support EMS liaisons in resolving local operational concerns
* Assist VP of Rural Outreach with transfer logistics and the establishment of outlying specialty clinics
* Monitor and guide PSG provider alignment
* Serve as liaison between Solis breast centers and quadrant-based Breast Surgeons and Radiologists
* Support PPR team in annual liaison targeting
* Coordinate quadrant-based Growth Council meetings
* Masters degree in Healthcare or Business Administration required.
* Eight to ten (8-10) years of progressive healthcare experience required, with a portion of experience focusing on business and service line development within acute care settings.
* Effective communication skills required; experience at public speaking events required.
* Membership and active participation in appropriate healthcare professional associations and community organizations.
* Must be an effective organizer and delegator, able to communicate well in every facet of the organization.
* Must be decisive and work well with other members of the management staff.
* The ability to deal with a multiplicity of complex situations simultaneously.
* Effective communication skills, ability to interact professionally with physicians and administrative leadership team.
* Develops and motivates team and other key personnel to optimize their talents to meet the overall needs of the organization and achieve targeted results.
Last Edited: 09/25/2017