Voice Switch Gateway Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONVOICE SWITCH GATEWAY ENGINEER
2 months ago
Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation s aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation s aviation vision, this is the job for you!
The Voice Switch Gateway Engineer will be focused on supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in modernizing existing air traffic control voice communications capabilities of the National Airspace System (NAS). The Voice Switch Gateway will interface with existing voice switches deployed throughout the NAS in Airway Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC), Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON), and Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) facilities. The Voice Switch Gateway will also need to communicate via existing Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) services as well as future Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services.
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science, plus at least 5 years of relevant experience. Candidates without Bachelor s degree must have extensive, directly relevant experience and demonstrated record of sustained excellent performance.
It is preferred that the candidate possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* At least three years of demonstrated experience facilitating technical solution planning and implementation for a complex engineering development program.
* Application of Systems Engineering throughout the entire Systems Development Lifecycle
* Software Engineering (i.e., design, development, test, and defect resolution)
* Hardware Engineering (i.e., design, development, test, and defect resolution)
* System Implementation (e.g., rack layouts design, site surveys, facility communication, infrastructure deployment)
* System Security engineering (e.g., security hardening, information assurance, integration of security with functional software design)
* Understanding of communications systems and technical communication designs
* Independently complete assigned tasks within expected schedule
* Flexible and easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment.
* Collection and analysis of data
* Ability to communicate technical information to working level teams as well as management
* Understanding of the Federal Aviation Administration and customer and user roles
* Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
* Good work ethic
* Customer-service and goal oriented
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Apply for this job onlineApply
Make an Employee ReferralRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis* Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests* Join the Noblis Talent Connection.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.