VP Clinical Services - Midwest Operating Unit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/27/2018
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnvision Physician Services is a national physician services company providing anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgical services, and women's and children's health services. Envision Physician Services has more than 1,000 exclusive contracts with client hospitals nationwide. We have an excellent opportunity to join our team!
Job Title: VP Clinical Services
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
The Vice President of Clinical Services (VPCS) will implement and lead a continuous performance improvement program for the Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine and Critical Care (EHC) service line within the assigned operating unit. Working collaboratively with the operating unit Executive Vice President and other senior leaders, the VP of Clinical Services prioritizes and directs the implementation of both regional and national key strategic initiatives within the operating unit and at client sites. This position directly supervises multiple clinical services personnel in support of performance improvement activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manages a team of clinical services personnel to provide essential services to client hospitals including, but not limited to, both facilitative and consultative approaches to clinical operations, clinical quality, and patient experience.
* Responsible for tracking and reporting on performance improvement activities and operational and quality performance measures for client hospitals.
* In partnership with operating unit and national client services leadership, develops value-added strategies and tactics to enhance client performance on operational and quality metrics, thus improving the company s longevity and profitability at existing contracts.
* Identifies and consistently delivers best practices across all assigned service lines within the operating unit.
* Collaborates with various company resources to include process improvement, project management, risk management, compliance, and quality services to enhance service delivery and support to both hospital clients and medical directors.
* Coordinates service team at high-profile client sites and health systems, working collaboratively with operating unit clinical and operational leaders and senior hospital client leaders.
* Develops, plans, and implements strategies that will better support contracted services at client hospitals to include incorporating LEAN process improvement tools.
* Serves as liaison between physicians, key hospital leaders, and Envision Physician Services in coordination of client services.
* Collaborates with Business Development in the design and sharing of success stories and best practice value-added services.
* Provides input, training and support of educational offerings to include annual conferences.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
* Mentors employees, conducts performance evaluations, counsels and provides disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
* Approves and manages expenses, travel and time cards for employees under Clinical Services.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent education and experience required with graduate degree preferred.
* 7-10 years of healthcare leadership experience to include physician relations, quality improvement, process improvement, and customer service.
* Clinical experience in an Emergency Department or equivalent setting preferred.
* Experience working in a consultative and facilitative role preferred.
* Previous experience managing others.
Knowledge and Skills:
* In-depth understanding of healthcare operations and evolving trends
* Ability to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
* Proven track record of meeting deadlines and functioning in a fast-paced, complex environment
Envision Physician Services is an EOE/AA employer and selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.