VP, Investor Relations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/18/2018
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We are looking for a Vice President, Investor Relations to join Pandora's Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The VP, IR will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will work across the organization to build a best in class investor relations function. This is much more than a tactical corporate access role; We are looking for an IR executive who can operate in a highly strategic fashion and who can be a thought leader at Pandora. In addition to being a dynamic IR professional candidates for this role should have a deep understanding of finance, outstanding business acumen, and strong personal communication skills, both verbal and written.
The following are key responsibilities for the role:
* Serve as a key advisor to the CFO, CEO, and Board on the investor relations strategy.
* Develop and implement a proactive investor relations strategy and narrative, ensuring that the company's business strategy and progress is understood by the analyst and investor community.
* Serve as a key corporate spokesperson with investors, financial media, analysts, rating agencies, and other stakeholders.
* Establish process, protocols, and systems to build a best in class investor relations function.
* Maintain strong company and sector expertise; Stay current on all company and related industry activity in order to be responsive to investors and media and to communicate effectively with management.
* Conduct regular meetings with the investment community to discuss key topics; Provide feedback related to discussions with the investment community and the reaction to the company's business strategies, market developments, and external events to internal stakeholders.
* Lead the quarterly earnings process, which includes creating all communication materials, drafting earnings releases, call scripts, accompanying presentations, as well as preparing talking points and relevant Q&A.
* Develop presentations for investor, corporate communications and and other events.
* Work closely with the heads of the Public Relations, FP&A, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, and Product organizations.
* Prepare senior leaders internally for meetings with the investment community.
* Support expanded awareness and education on Pandora's business narrative.
* Demonstrated success leading a strategic investor relations function, including having successfully developed and implemented strategic, proactive IR plans that have delivered results.
* Strong financial analysis skills, broad industry knowledge and sophisticated understanding of investor relations.
* Experience in media, consumer services, and/or advertising industries is highly valuable.
* Outstanding, highly-articulate, and persuasive verbal and written communication skills; Ability to provide recommendations to Pandora's executive leadership team and Board of Directors, and represent Pandora to varied stakeholders.
* Possess a strong network of investment community relationships, including investors, analysts, rating agencies and financial media.
* Demonstrated ability to work across the broader finance, accounting, strategy, product development, and sales functions to understand and influence business trends and incorporate this understanding into our external communications.
* Bachelor's degree required. CFA or MBA preferred
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read \\"Request for Reasonable Accommodation\\".