VP Marketing Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDate: Nov 12, 2017
Location: San Jose, CA, US
Company: Cypress Semiconductor Intl
Requisition Id:- 6201
- Articulate a focused, high-impact corporate communications strategy for Cypress to win and achieve our goals with creative and innovative messaging and content designed to engage our target audiences in a digital and mobile world.
Continue to develop and strengthen Cypress s Embedded in Tomorrow brand to build awareness, relevance, and reputation to become the go to company for embedded system solutions.
- Transform the communications team into a learning organization that continuously shapes and leverages analytics to understand and anticipate market trends/opportunities, competitive landscape and how to best engage target audiences.
- Develop and execute a Marcom event strategy to efficiently and effectively promote the Cypress brand to capture both business unit and corporate objectives.
- Drive a communications ROI mindset tied to revenue/margin attribution. Manage the communications budget with a metrics driven orientation for all programs and ensure ROI models are in place.
- Define, communicate and manage worldwide processes and quality of communications/branding across all business unit and divisional boundaries with clear standards and expectations for all communication/branding activities.
- Develop and execute a media relations strategy that effectively transmits the Cypress vision, strategy, goals and community outreach initiatives to our target audiences.
- Act as Cypress primary contact for major media and analyst organizations
- Lead, motivate, and develop a highly effective, dedicated team. Create a climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Effectively manage external agencies and advisors.
- Provide strategic counsel on corporate communications activities to the company s senior executive management team, including the CEO and his executive leadership team.
- Establish a best-in-class web and digital presence that drives product, solution and thought leadership awareness to engage our target audiences and capture Cypress goals
- Find, develop and leverage the community of engineers to build a content creation engine of solutions and collateral in an open source model
- Create a best in class social media presence to spread the Cypress brand, engage target audiences and increase differentiation/loyalty with customers, employees and investors
- Mastermind and execute innovative shareholder communications strategies to educate and inform current employees, customers, analysts, and investors about activities and accomplishments through well drafted messaging across effective traditional and digital channels.
- Capability: a strong cross-functional leader with a track record of success and substantial tech/business experience.
- Strategic thinking: begin with the end goal in mind to define and execute marketing strategies in line with Cypress strategic vision.
- Execution speed: press forward to get the right things done with a sense of urgency
- Trust: build relationships based on credibility and trust to help the communications organization and Cypress achieve its objectives.
- Collaboration: engage colleagues with a genuine, transparent approach to aggressively strengthen Cypress with clear action plans, metrics, ownership and accountability.
- Leadership: capable of executing across organizational boundaries to align all teams internally around the communications and branding objectives.
- Learning: proven ability to drive data-centric learning and action across Cypress
- Critical and Creative Thinking: The VP Marketing Communications will be a highly motivated and creative executive with a track record of developing and executing strategies that go far beyond traditional media relations activities. S/he will relentlessly seek new and innovative approaches to telling the Cypress story and building the company s reputation, reaching key influencers and decision makers with a steady stream of messages that continually build Cypress global brand.
- Leadership: The VP Marketing Communications will be an accomplished leader and developer of people. S/he will demonstrate substantial depth and breadth of applied judgment, and must be positive and results-oriented. This executive is a highly motivated team player who is goal-oriented and confident, and demonstrates an ability to get things done, working in concert with other top executives. The successful candidate must possess a can-do, winning attitude, the highest level of integrity, and the ability to inspire confidence with an open, trustworthy, and engaging style.
- Communication Skills: The VP Marketing Communications will have outstanding written, speaking, and interpersonal communication skills, combined with an exceptional executive presence. S/he will be comfortable presenting to large audiences, and has experience serving as a company s top spokesperson. Importantly, this executive will have the ability to develop, execute and measure breakthrough communication strategies that provide quantifiable results in the marketplace.
- Change Agent Who Drives Results: The VP Marketing Communications will be a builder and a change agent who operates comfortably in a fast-paced environment, understands best-in-class practices and strategies, and knows how to foster positive change that drives results. Importantly, this executive will understand how to link strategy to operating objectives, measure progress, and continually learn/adjust to maximize effectiveness.
- Experience leading communications, industry analyst relations and thought leadership content development in a growth-oriented, global technology company.
- Expertise in traditional media, social media and analyst relations and established relationships with top-tier global media.
- Ability to shape all communications to strengthen the Cypress voice, tone and overall brand including translation of complex technical issues into everyday language.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective counsel to senior management on business and communications issues.
- Demonstrated success as a corporate spokesperson.
- Demonstrated record of effectively managing, coaching, and developing high performance teams that deliver on commitments.
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Cypress is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, or status as a Protected Veteran
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Corporate Communications, Marketing Manager, Marketing