This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 2/8/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
This position is a VTC technician supporting an environment consisting of 8 VTC suites using IP-based (with ISDN as an alternate) connectivity. On a weekly basis, approximately 15-30 VTC sessions and 100-125 conference room events occur. Additionally, the VTC hub located at HQ AFRC will provide VTC hosting services to AFRC, AFRC host bases, and AFRC tenants expanding local support to users throughout the command.
- Provide video conferencing support to Headquarters United States Air Force, Office of Reserve Affairs (HQ USAF/RE).
- Serve as VTC configuration manager, web developer, and facilitator for HQ USAF/RE.
Schedule, coordinate, facilitate, and set up VTC requests/sessions, both secure and un-Secure.
- Maintain VTC account information.
- Track, document, and brief management on VTC utilization trends.
- Provide daily VTC availability reports to appropriated agencies.
- Provide installation support, technical documentation, ongoing troubleshooting and maintenance, and on-site training support for desktop VTC services.
- Act as centralized VTC network maintenance focal point for the HQ USAF/RE VTC system, receive and respond to alerts from VTC users/network VTC systems.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting, and coordinate with HQ AFRC VTC Operations for maintenance support. Configure VTC systems, related communications devices, and peripheral equipment to include testing with other AF units.
- Install, configure, and upgrade network hardware/software.
- Set up VTC sessions, to include bridging of VTC calls through the AFRC VTC Operations Office at Robins AFB, GA.
- Develop training materials, and train on-site personnel in the proper use of the VTC-A/V hardware/ software.
- Perform on-site installations, configure the hardware and software for the appropriate telecommunications service, and test for connectivity and interoperability.
- Analyze existing requirements and prepare specifications for hardware/software acquisitions and/or upgrades.
- Build specialized interconnecting cables.
- Provide presentation support, as required.
Provide monthly VTC usage reports with a 99% success rate of VTC sessions per month.
- Knowledge of various AV technologies and software.
- Knowledge of with Cisco Telepresence devices.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Organizational Mailboxes and Calendars).
- Knowledge of with GVS scheduling.
- Knowledge of ISDN and IP based conferencing.
- Experience with multicast on desktops (streaming audio/video), audio conferencing, point-to-point, and multipoint video conferencing.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Secret security clearance
CDO Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V