Warehouse/Counter Back-Up (1763-034)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/4/2018
NorthEast Electrical Distributors
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
NorthEast Electrical Distributors is one of the largest electrical distribution companies in New England, with over 450 employees across more than 30 branches in 6 states. NorthEast has many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout New England. NorthEast Electrical was founded in 1998 when it became part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to grow within a reputable market leading company!
* Load and unload trucks, move material in a safe manner using forklift, pallet jack, handcart, or other device.
* Count, check, prepare, and record items being received or shipped.
* Assemble, package, label, stack, palletize, and route material for safe delivery or storage.
* Complete paperwork, documentation, and data input in accordance with established procedures.
* Maintain inventory through cycle counts and stock checks
* Performs maintenance and housekeeping duties.
* Acquire and maintain current knowledge of NorthEast policies and procedures, general product knowledge, participate in training, and attend meetings as requested.
* Act in helpful and cooperative manner towards customers and coworkers.
* Participate in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe work environment.
* Must acquire a working knowledge of the Eclipse software support system.
* Make local deliveries to customers.
* Perform other related duties as required or directed by manager.
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment.
* Valid Driver s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to all elements that exist in a warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States